• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Are these V2 axles from Redcat? Or V1….

BigdaddyTrux

Hi guys. I bought a Gen7 and these portal axles were installed. The telltale sign it is the portal axle upgrade kit from Redcat is the chassis mounted servo mount is the exact mount shown in pics on Redcat’s website.

But! No where on the upgrade add does it say these are version 1 or version 2 axles. My dilemma is I am trying to purchase new metal caster blocks. And the version 1 portal blocks do not fit version 2 axles. Thanks in advance guys.

Pics added

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195400968@N05/shares/161o32

Well all be dang jee willakers. Thanks so much for telling me be those V2 things mabobbers! Preciate it a ton.

😆😆😆

Stephen.

all the v1 parts fit the v2 housings no worries there there made of a upgraded plastic and have the double sheer shock mounts thats it
now there are some aftermarket parts that dont play well together mostly portal housings and covers
the redcats plastic portal housihg dosent work with the redcat aluminumn portal covers so some aftermarket parts were made like the plastic version and some parts were made for the aluminum version so when buying upgraded portal boxes make sure you get the same brand portal cover

Wow info I had no idea on. But makes sense..

I have read that the metal cover on these V2 if tightened too much causes the bearings to seat farther in the housing and makes the gears noisier. (Gear stepping?)

Thank you so much for that advice. The Cantilever hub I am looking at says works on Gen8 but not Gen8 V2 axles. I was confused on that. So I came here 👍👍

Thanks very much ferp420✌️

Wow info I had no idea on. But makes sense..

I have read that the metal cover on these V2 if tightened too much causes the bearings to seat farther in the housing and makes the gears noisier. (Gear stepping?)

Thank you so much for that advice. The Cantilever hub I am looking at says works on Gen8 but not Gen8 V2 axles. I was confused on that. So I came here ����

Thanks very much ferp420✌️
whats a cantbeliver hub if it has something to do with cantbeliver shocks its posable it wont fit but heres the thing if thats all thats holding you up you could cut that extra shock mount off and it would basicly be a v1 axle

i ran my gen8 with v1 axles for a few years never broke a shock mount and my new aftermarked axles are single sheer also so it wont be a problem if you shave those off

Last edited:
whats a cantbeliver hub if it has something to do with cantbeliver shocks its posable it wont fit but heres the thing if thats all thats holding you up you could cut that extra shock mount off and it would basicly be a v1 axle

i ran my gen8 with v1 axles for a few years never broke a shock mount and my new aftermarked axles are single sheer also so it wont be a problem if you shave those off

Was meaning C block,hub … 😆

Last edited:
Was meaning C block,hub … 😆

i dont know why they say that the part they conect to is exsacly the same on v1 or v2

it could be the location of the shock mounting point but like i sead you can shave off the extra shock mount on the axle

but you should be able to find some that will work with the v2 with out modification

Back