• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Any suggestions on aftermarket light controllers?

NutjobGTO

After learning my lessons regarding assembly, motors, gearing and the like on the Bad Idea Express, I'm moving on to my next project, the Gravel Cannon.

Part of this plan involves adding lights to a custom vac-formed body.

Since I'm using the FlySky Tx/Rx controller, I have a ch3 pushbutton and a Ch4 3-position switch right at my thumb.

I'd like to use a proper light controller to get the "Brake lights, reverse lights, turn signals" effect, using Ch4 for the signals, and I have a source for sequenced LEDs to make rotating beacons, just have to fab a housing. I'd like to toggle those on/off with Ch3 button.

Poking around AMain, I see lots of light controllers for 1/10 scale gear, but I have no idea of the dimensions of those control boards.

Has anyone else done their own lighting like this? What controller(s) did you use?

I know the stock V2 RX has a lighting controller hidden inside, but it also deleted Ch2 so I can't run brushless.

I used the Lane Boys RC light controller on one project. Its not a mass produced product its more of a passion project from this guy. You can make your own using his plans or contact him to see if he has any on hand to sell. Its pretty slick the way it connects with 1 connector and its also programable. Its also pretty compact which would be ideal for this smaller scale.

The big selling point for me was the fact that you have to trigger the blinker by staying still for 10 seconds and then turn to activate them so its not blinking for every steering input while you crawl.

Heres his video overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwB6_BeJ5B4

Back