• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Airbrushing and Temps, Humidity, etc.

No2Mud

Rock Stacker
Hey guys. I live in Atlanta, where our #2 export is humidity. If you follow the guidelines on most rattle cans, for temp and humidity ranges and overlap that with Atlanta's weather, we have about 1 week each year to paint. That's only slightly exaggerated.

I've wanted to get an airbrush for a while - for RC trucks, bike frames, etc. but I'm wondering - and the point of this now long post - how weather impacts airbrushes' performance and airbrush paint curing, etc. since I'll still be painting some things in the garage.

Thanks!

I've found that airbrush paint is more resilient to humidity than auto or home paints, I'm just west of you in the Montgomery area so I understand your 1 week issue. You can buy small paint booths off amazon then hit up harbor freight for cheap tarping to close the area off so you can use a dehumidifier more effectively. Try it out first just in the garage to see plus you'll get time to learn your setup and what it likes.

Back