• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Aftermarket knuckle differences

surfishjoe

Rock Stacker
I have a trail honcho that currently has brass knuckles from eBay. They are ok but I wanted something like the SSD brass knuckles that are black. Fast forward to a recent trip to a hobby shop where I saw some black brass strc brand knuckles. I bought them but when I got home I noticed the strc knuckles do not have the second tab that captures the tie rod where the steering link sits on top of. I think this is called single shear vs double shear but I could be mistaken. What are your thoughts on the knuckles should I return them and get the double shear design knuckle or just use these. I am assuming with these the steering link bolts directly to the tie rod with no spacer in between. Sorry I know a picture would be best to show the difference.

I've yet to have an issue with single shear on metal-- plastic is a different story. Element knuckles are all single shear, but aluminum, so it's fine. I have plenty of brass knuckles that are this way.

Good to know thanks for the reply. I am doing a front axle tear down. I have the SSD axle that looks like a Dana 44 and I just got the offset axle tubes and axles for a proper driver side drop dif. I think part of the play I get is the axle tubes going into the pumpkin are a touch loose. I will report my do findings

Last edited:
Back