• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3D Printers and Printing

The AMS has caused me some headaches. Filament can and will break off inside the AMS or in the hub on the back. If it is a big piece, its usually easy to find and clear, but I had a small piece that was less than an inch long bust off from slot 3 (which I had not used in weeks) and fall down into the 4:1 on the bottom of the AMS. I took it apart at least 3 times before I found it.

As for waste, it can waste a lot depending on how many changes you make. A neat trick is to set it up to purge into an object like a fidget toy. Makes it look cool with the different colors and helps prevent bleeding colors into your main print.

Working on the P1S is not going to be as easy as the A1 but luckily I havent had to do anything other than find chunks of broken filament. If you know you'll only be printing PLA, the A1 would probably be my choice but I did not want to limit myself. I print with PLA, PETG, and ASA. I will eventually start printing reinforced materials as well. I bought the hardened extruder gears but do not have the hardened nozzles yet.

Well, as a reward for working almost 100 hours of OT in five weeks, I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Bambu Labs P1S. The big question is to get it with one AMS, or not. The difference is $250, which is not a big deal, I just don't know if I will want or need the AMS...

This will replace my long-in-the-tooth CR-10.

I have not had any issues with my P1S in combination with the AMS. According to the Matt and Josh show, using non Bambu filament in the Bambu AMS has been the common thread in the issues that have arisen.
The AMS is definitely handy.

I have not had any issues with my P1S in combination with the AMS. According to the Matt and Josh show, using non Bambu filament in the Bambu AMS has been the common thread in the issues that have arisen.
The AMS is definitely handy.

Good to know. Right now Hatchbox is my go-to, but honestly, also long as I am getting good reliable prints, I really don't care.

How are you running your P1S, though the Chinese-based cloud, LAN only, or sneaker-net?

Good to know. Right now Hatchbox is my go-to, but honestly, also long as I am getting good reliable prints, I really don't care.

How are you running your P1S, though the Chinese-based cloud, LAN only, or sneaker-net?
Just at my home off of my PC using Bambu software. So yeah, LAN only.

It's my first printer. I held out quite a long time waiting for a plug and play unit. Something that produced relatively high quality prints. I have to say, I am not disappointed in that department.

Back