• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2017 MNRCRC Schedule

I have one idea to add. Since September is light and October is super full. How about moving the TTC into September instead of after Crawlapalooza???

Yeah, I'd rather see the events more spread out.

Do we do 5 at Taylors Falls? 2 in Duluth? 1 in Siren?
Or 6 at TF? 1 in Duluth? and 1 in Siren?

I'm ok with 5, 2, and 1. What does everyone else think?

Updated with the last few comments. Discussed at the snowcrawl yesterday and everything sounds good.

TTC moved to Sept.

Threw a first stab of locations on the calendar list too.

Comp locations:
5 at Taylors Falls
2 in Duluth
1 in Siren

SCHEDULE:
April
9 TTC @ Adams
16 - Easter Sunday
23 LOUIS AND CLARK IN KENTUCKY
30 test and tune

May
7 comp #1 - TF
14 - Mother's Day
21 ECC IN ALABAMA / G6
28 - Memorial Day Weekend

June
4 U4 IF WANTED OR G6 AT ADAMS CABIN
11 COMP #2 THOMPSON DAM
18 - Father's Day
25 MONSTER SHOWDOWN IN RHODE ISLAND

July
2 - Independence Day Weekend
9 COMP #3 - TF
16 AXIAL FEST
23 Comp #4 - TF
30 U4 IF WANTED / G6

Aug
13 comp #5 SIREN
20 NENC IN PENNSYLVANIA
27 COMP #6 - TF

Sept
3 - Labor Day Weekend
10 TTC AT PHIL'S (either here or Oct)
17 COMP # 7 - DULUTH (TBD)

Oct
1 COMP #8 FINAL'S - TF
8 CRAWLAPALOOZA - OK
29 - Howl Krawl - Taylor's Falls

Howdy all, Can we get rough town locations of these events? I just need to plan out transit times for which events i can make and which ones i cant.

Let me know dont need exact addresses or anything just nearest town.

Thank you

Howdy all, Can we get rough town locations of these events? I just need to plan out transit times for which events i can make and which ones i cant.

Let me know dont need exact addresses or anything just nearest town.

Thank you
Check the post 2 above yours. Taylor's Falls, Duluth and Siren. I'm not sure where guys who are hosting TTC's live.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry you're right noticed that right after i posted. Suppose i just need an idea on Adam's and Adam's cabin if theyre two different places

Sorry you're right noticed that right after i posted. Suppose i just need an idea on Adam's and Adam's cabin if theyre two different places

Adams place is only a little over an hour from the cities in Wi.

Not sure about his cabin.

You know Phil's place well.

Taylors falls is our traditional comp location for the past 10 yrs. It's the glacial pothole park, not the camp ground just so that's clear. Amazing terrain for crawling with RC trucks.

The Duluth spots are all really good. Different terrain and elements to deal with. Thompson dam is a great place to compete and just crawl around. Plus it's really shaded well for those hot summer days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all looks great guys! Although I won't be participating in anything until we find a new house and actually move, most of my RC stuff is boxed up and put into storage until we actually make the move.

It all looks great guys! Although I won't be participating in anything until we find a new house and actually move, most of my RC stuff is boxed up and put into storage until we actually make the move.

Congrats on the new house chuck...when you find it :mrgreen: If you need any help just let me/us know.

I have sent our dates at Interstate Park for approval from the park. I found out Ron has retired, but fortunately the new park ranger has worked with us in the past! Just got off the phone with him and it sounds like we should be good!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ok, we're almost there."thumbsup" Just a few more things...

May
21 ECC IN ALABAMA / G6
-Are we holding a G6 this day while some guys are at ECC?

June
-yes/no?

June
11 COMP #2 THOMPSON DAM
-Thompson Dam, or somewhere else in Duluth?

July
30 U4 IF WANTED / G6
-yes/no?

Sept
-Where?

Here are a few locations that we have competed at in Duluth:

Brighton Beach-Duluth, MN

Break Wall-Duluth, MN

Stoney Point-Duluth, MN

Enger Tower-Duluth, MN

Thompson Dam-Carlton, MN

June
-yes/no?

G6!!! I am definitely vote for a solid G6 run up there.

June
11 COMP #2 THOMPSON DAM
-Thompson Dam, or somewhere else in Duluth?

Brighton Beach?!

July
30 U4 IF WANTED / G6
-yes/no?

U4, just to keep things interesting!

Sept
-Where?

Chester Bowl area?!

Being a native of Duluth My vote is on 'Brighton Beach' for June 11, in that area we could have a nice BBQ while we comp.

And for Spet 17 how do you guys feel about getting a comp going at Chester Bowl? (Also the Burrito Union at the botton of the trail is a great lunch location....)

Id be willing to do some scouting for an exact location for Chester, but i know it hold TONS of potential.

Last edited:
What part of Chester are you thinking of? I've crawled there, but it's been a while. From what I remember, the spot with the main parking lot is great, but I think would be best suited for a scaler gtg than a comp. I think Chester had a few more spots following down the creek that had more comp worthy terrain, but they were very tight on parking. I'm always down to try a new spot, we just have to make sure it meets our needs before we hold an event there.

Last edited:
How many vehicles would we need to be able to accommodate roughly?

I would have to get back out there and get eyes on the trail again to figure out a good pro/shorty area.

I will be getting up that way in the next month or so and can do some proper scouting.

Sunday road trip anyone??

We don't usually see as many people at our Duluth events as at Taylors. But I could see as many as a dozen or so vehicles.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back