• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1995 Ford Bronco - "Close, but not exact Mini Me"

Now it's looking like a proper rig! Needs some high spots sanded down, some seams need to be addressed, another coat of paint before it gets some clear coat and the lid sealed on. But it'll be good for a trail beater in a few weeks. I set the body on the chassis with the body mounts set at ride height. There will be rubbing, but I think that will be fairly realistic.

4v4cALy.jpg

I also got my scale hardware in and got the wagon wheels bolted together with the 1.55 Grabbers stretched over. These where a pain to get on the wheels. I also think I might have to go with 1.7 or 1.9 foams as the 1.55 foams don't feel like they are spreading out in the tire properly.

r2WxJZ3.jpg

bMogsJ7.jpg

Hoping to get the body work finalized this week, then onto the body details! I need to start smoothing the bumpers, get them chromed and the brush guard mounted. Then figure out lighting.

That's looking incredible! Body work is always my least favorite task, but it pays to do it right and you're bringing out it's beauty. The wheels and tires are seriously scale looking...just awesome. "thumbsup"

Nice project! Lots of time goes into a build like this for sure.

Thanks! A lotta of elbow grease, too!

Man, this gets better and better every time I see it.

79 F150 SCX10 ii
TRXWalker

Thank you!

That's looking incredible! Body work is always my least favorite task, but it pays to do it right and you're bringing out it's beauty. The wheels and tires are seriously scale looking...just awesome. "thumbsup"

Thanks! I'm not a fan of bodywork either. Especially working on getting the print lines smoothed out. And, I'm honestly just as astonished as you are with the wheels and tires, both sets. I actually haven't mounted the wagon wheels on the chassis yet as I'm afraid that they might be too "sucked in" compared to the bullet holes. I know there are wider hexes, but....

Smaller update. Been bouncing between projects with a bathroom remodel taking priority.

Got the bumpers sanded a bit and hit with filler primer as well as the mirrors. Gonna let those cure and add another layer to help fill the print lines.

PsgPldq.jpg

MkejUSJ.jpg

I also think I finally got the body work and paint to a point I'm happy with for a trail beater. I still have to get rid of the orange peel and hit it with some clear, but I think it's decent!

kplAiER.jpg

Had to pose it with the real Bronco (sorry for the vertical photo, it was saved from Snapchat).

6jlgNbe.jpg

My self-imposed RC4WD Go Scale Day deadline is close! This Saturday! I've got a laundry list of things that in no particular order include:

- Chrome the headlight surrounds, buckets, and grille.
- Chrome the bumpers.
- Paint the tailgate trim aluminum.
- Emblems and badging.
- Mount the front and rear plates.
- Paint the turn signal lenses.
- Chrome the rears of the tail lights.
- Swap to the wagon wheels.
- Figure out window glazing (with tint).
- Possibly install inner fender liners.
- Drive it!
(and I probably have forgotten a couple)

I promise, the next update will have the body on the chassis as I have the mounts sorted out along with riding on the wagon wheels.

Thanks!

I can hear the clock ticking down....

I've gotten the body to a point where I'm happy with it. I could go ahead and color sand the orange peal and then clear coat it, but I'm telling myself it's a trail beater versus a shelf queen. Maybe I'll build a second body as a light crawler/show truck...

u3it5p9.jpg

As promised, here's the body posed on the chassis with the wagon wheels! I am in love the way the 1.9 wheels look with the 1.55 Grabbers stretched over them. The top is still being held on by battery straps here. :eek:hhh:)

MsrIPZZ.jpg

I went searched a bit and found a lot of people liking the "Chrome" that Rustoleum has. I took the gamble and used it for the grille and headlight trim. It's not exactly chrome and has a decidedly flat luster. I wanted to airbrush the chrome parts with the Molotow Chrome refill, but haven't experimented with it yet.

OHA5CFX.jpg

The tailgate got some Krylon "aluminum" on the its trim panel. The '92 thru '96 F-Series and Broncos had a black "reflector" on the trim. That will have to be replicated in the future.

SsOhVjn.jpg

After paint, we moved to the windows. I made up some templates from a cereal box and traced them onto some thin plexi. I have yet to cut it out.

NPd3San.jpg

Xynbr25.jpg

CCHand was kind enough to produce this sticker set for the TRX-4 Bronco with some B-R-O-N-C-O decals that are about the right size for the side windows of the cap. The font is the '78 and '79 year style, which is pretty close to the '92-'96 font, and in turn is similar to the '21+ font I have on my side windows. AKA: Close enough. I'll be using the white decals that are barely visible on the sheet.

B8ck1Sr.jpg

To hold the cap to the bed, I'm using JG KwilWeld in Dark Gray. I used this particular one mostly for the color for filling in the gaps when gluing the cap on.

hllpUbM.jpg

qlJXFmU.jpg

I may only be able to get the body mounted tonight and call it good for the event. Simply put, I'm out of time. Tomorrow's weather is inclement (typical Pure Michigan, just wait five minutes!) so we'll see if I get to participate in Go Scale Day. I may have another update for y'all tonight, time permitting.

While I didn't get the "Mini Me" completed in time for the Go Scale Day event, it was still done enough to hit some trails and get some "scale" shots. After I fixed the 1/1, that is. It decided to reject a motor mount something hard core when I was heading out to the park to get some shots. Once that was done, there was enough sunlight to attempt some halfway decent shots off the side of a road nearby.

Attempt #1 to go out for some shots:

ad6sB5n.jpg

Then attempt #2 after the 1/1 was done with its temper tantrum:

8bbkgX5.jpg

Now I'll shut up and show you some trails and rocks:

g8r9TYy.jpg

zeQ6INS.jpg

u7LE2Ze.jpg

aeEfsEE.jpg

ufo1WLm.jpg

AxMpjun.jpg

IHrSv00.jpg

Now this is far from over. More to come soon!

It really looks excellent - perfect choice on the wheels and tires, your hard work is paying off!

Can't wait to see it completed..."thumbsup"

Back