• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/6 Wraith/Nylint TJ Jeep + scale quad

So I finally pinned the body to the rear chassis mounts...
And secure those utilizing common body clips.

Not too difficult to remove in a hurry, if need be,
but I wanted the mounting designed to be visually conspicuous.

Now the body will remain secured much better then it did using solely velcro. "thumbsup"

I will likely cut off the excessive length of the plastic posts,
although their extra length works well to guide the post(s) into the hole(s).

Last edited:
PLA project scrapped - to be revisited utilizing ABS 3D print out.

Suppose I should leave some pics of my vision and will hope my 2nd attempt gets it done.

Last edited:
Have you tried MEK, it's a CA that melts the plastic, works well on styrene for butt joints, not sure how it would work for your application.

You remember the flat wooden spoons the Ice Cream Man would give out with the frozen Malted Milk cups?, if you can find a couple of those, they might make some good oars.

Color wise, the blue plastic on the canoe looks good if you can find a Krylon color to match it, maybe even a little lighter, or match it to the color blue of your quad. Other color options would be Camo or the same Plasti-Dip Orange you've been using, OR, mix it up and paint it using 2 colors, both the blue and orange.

Back