• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1:1 Tire scale replica request thread

Doing it yourself is so 15 years ago, I want to buy it RTG!
Tire selection these days are amazing though.
Just to play along, I'd love to see the OG MT Baja Belted. Imex made one back in the day but I think only in Clod size.
baja-belted-lg-jpg.4021663

I would 2nd these, in the same size as the RC4WD 1.7 K02... "thumbsup"

I know chances are slim, but does anyone know if they ever made a halfway decent alternative to the RC4WD Dune T/R in 2.2? Because the tire market for scale TTs is pretty damn thin if you don't wanna run those dumb SCT wheels. I'm running the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ narrow on mine, but while they are quite alright in terms of size, they just have a too aggressive tread that also grips a bit much and loves to make the TT roll over... the closest I can think of tread wise is the BFG Mudterrain KR2 but those are just too tall and I'm not a huge fan of the bulgy look that comes when you stretch a 1.9 tire on a 2.2 wheel...

I just wish they would offer more of the tires that are already out there in more sizes. Mainly wider but not necessarily taller. And at least mark them in the sizes that would be comp compliant. Like Pro Line 4.30 tsl, make it wider but in 4.19. Pro Lines 1.9 flat irons, why would they make them 4.76 instead of 4.75? Pro line has been the only one I feel has gotten the proportions right on their boggers but why not make them the same width & Proportion but in 4.19 or 4.75 height so you can run them in class 1 & 2? Theres a lot of awsome tires out there already but most are too narrow or just not proportioned right. Or are just over a max size for certain classes.

The old school mickey thompson baja belted tires would be neat. So would the terra style tires.

Last edited:
Doing it yourself is so 15 years ago, I want to buy it RTG!
Tire selection these days are amazing though.
Just to play along, I'd love to see the OG MT Baja Belted. Imex made one back in the day but I think only in Clod size.
baja-belted-lg-jpg.4021663

I think RC4WD is lurking in this forum..."thumbsup"

https://store.rc4wd.com/mickey-thompson-baja-belted-19-scale-tires.html

Advanced X2S³ Compound
Fits 1.9" Wheels
Outer Diameter: 4.44in / 113.0mm
Width: 1.83in / 46.7mm
Inner Diameter: 1.81in /46.0mm
Each Tire Weighs: 3.47oz / 98.4g

Z-T0041-3.jpg

Those look awesome! Would really like to see them in a smaller size, maybe a 1.7 in a 4in diameter or a 1.55 in about 3.5in diameter. "thumbsup"

More 2.2 for me, (no 2.2/3.0 crap)

Rc4wd falken wild peak AT, MT

Back