• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

❍❍❍ Axial SCX10.1: Toyota Land Cruiser 80-Series ❍❍❍

Re: ❍❍❍ Axial SCX10.1: Toyota Land Cruiser 80-Series ❍❍❍

Have you thought of cutting down some springs and turning one into a double heli-coil. Miunt that to the body, and axle. For your shocks use mini revo shocks without springs? Just a suggestion

Needs more cow....

Always love a good Forum build from you Justin!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I remember when this forum was popping! Glad to see you still posting up a build thread J! I need to get back into this some... great build.. I'm keloid

What a cool project. Your choice of wheels is perfect. My Dad had an 80 in 1992 or so, and I always loved that truck. It was dog slow and the brakes were... a little lacking, but I've wanted another one ever since then. I really like seeing where this one goes. Thanks for sharing.
Thank man, I appreciate it!
This is turning out great Justin!
Thanks buddy!
Can't wait to see it all finished up!
Me too, it's getting close :)
Great job, I'll stay here to see how it progresses.
Appreciate it! "thumbsup"
Have you thought of cutting down some springs and turning one into a double heli-coil. Miunt that to the body, and axle. For your shocks use mini revo shocks without springs? Just a suggestion
I was pondering that yesterday. Smaller shocks would give more room for the tires too, the non anchorman knuckles sure allow the tires to hit the shocks now too
Needs more cow....
Always love a good Forum build from you Justin!
Thanks! I might have to see what cow accessory I can come up with for this one...lol

I remember when this forum was popping! Glad to see you still posting up a build thread J! I need to get back into this some... great build.. I'm keloid
Appreciate Mr OG! I honestly love the forums still, a great way to document a build for sure:mrgreen:

Just a bit off the back of every fender for added clearance for the Pro-Line Racing KM3 4.19s tires. 4.19" tall x 1.42" wide
# PRO1015214
1/10 Class 1 BFG T/A KM3 G8 Front/Rear 1.9" Rock Crawling Tires
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ear-1.9-rock-crawling-tires-2/PRO1015214.html

Slide1_pFm2h2rz4wYRt3QkkVCzUn.PNG

Slide2_fYuUrpca7JdGPESnMPdRmp.PNG

Slide3_uPKoQoCJoHUfckXmJsjaUa.PNG

Painted my Axial Adventure SCX10.1 LC80 project. I went with Tamiya Gun Metal paint and used flat black on the trim and hood.

Slide4_k7UU1XskABHXDvXbNtnCFF.PNG

Slide11_9FbEJssAy1eWNQz6qxpGcu.PNG

Slide12_t5Yz7TUvUM5edxaqd9viYJ.PNG

Slide13_69kavDFfLvdQGRARHRCVqi.PNG

Slide23_j9XeomfqkP2Djp4NJUpgsD.PNG

las.png

lass_jJthZz1F6rXQaHVnqN5rPT.png

Last edited:

Marked off the hood, windows and painted them with flat black.

Slide9_nKscR9k9wSRwXWky6xfzPz.PNG

Slide14_giRiJhvF7QL9HpRPjHaXkX.PNG

Slide15_qjNeV2t3btGb1BuYdfbpjY.PNG

Slide8_qmcNkYwzhrW5ikaf9ToY7T.PNG

Slide16_tJp81a9qyFrTLbNAaD9MWL.PNG

Slide17_nsQegiBFnk3VL1ufBVJ5yK.PNG

Last edited:

All painted up! Even did the light lens with Tamiya Yellow and Red clear.

Slide21_dAxZtrohuSE4BDWTC7SE5t.PNG

Slide19_2iWzSoehXCs1avWuxtGswX.PNG

Slide18_m1Ro9cQ79jNxztUDxBU3Wa.PNG

Slide12_t5Yz7TUvUM5edxaqd9viYJ.PNG

Slide20_nSxN3Tvg2X7E8nupKnHFjw.PNG

With the large interior, not a ton of room for electronics. I am modeling up a lipo container that looks like a fuel tank. It will bolt to some existing hole patterns on the chassis and the eBay rear body mount bracket. I will be remodeling this design though, I am going to beef up the area where the two tabs plug into. I will also try to incorporate body clips, instead of bolts. I have some old Tamiya Bruiser body clip mounts that are tiny and might work ok on this new design.

Slide28_8ShT743E4bgxRbXJXPGvkL.PNG

Slide27_x5dVBdtf7gQENdAyrKWmgs.PNG

Slide25_hE8ZuwVW5Pnv7hXunhcHrE.PNG

Slide26_qNAzL29k3tzwehgm8hrF5P.PNG

Slide29_784exmPuCkAGYgwn8TypaY.PNG

Mounted the VP IFR rings and I got some pics outside. Now to wrap up the electronics.

Slide35_vvRenH9Ry84oocW8qGb91a.PNG

Slide30_aiFQnVaB3o5xBQjdQAgK8J.PNG

Slide32_wWufgV1G1ZDrbWqTidbKgo.PNG

Slide31_uXHsfBFsc1Koxko5gj6i3i.PNG

Slide34_9bHLeywcmaTnLHDYhJJ8Ba.PNG

I am in the process of installing the electronics and needed some inner fender wells to hide the ESC, Receiver and Steering Servo. I am using some .03" styrene that I will paint flat black later. Withe help of a JConcepts Hobby Knife and Axial Stepped body reamer I was able to get it to fit.

JConcepts Precision Hobby Knife Handle
# 2552-2
https://jconcepts.net/precision-hobby-knife-handle
Axial Stepped Body Reamer
# AXI20036
https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-stepped-body-reamer-axi20036/p33231

Slide2_wm7zkvnNn34d6jxD9cXksH.PNG

Slide1_i99ivaMEHMnaaZkC4L731U.PNG

Slide3_foLpLL63gGhoFQ1z7QxyPL.PNG

Slide4_d6RBGKNZiDfMttoq2eBQxA.PNG

Slide5_tnBckzE8vEU5Nj8CemWHjS.PNG

Slide8_k28oucaYMJJeAowyx3h3t6.PNG

Slide6_kKbrnxp8wawaxgMoK84gHE.PNG

Slide7_rq7FAfaabSk1gdNozJDGE1.PNG

I added some bracing to the inner fenders to help conceal the electronics. These angled styrene strips are really handy and help brace up the cross members. I started doing that method back in 2012 with my SCX10 Clod "Mini Me" project.

Slide1_cXJVgpvdqKf2neLdq3aHC6.PNG

Slide2_bNHfaZsij9VVDctwEs9C9e.PNG

Slide7_s1DzKQEUkE3wD5TzRUNptE.PNG

Slide6_6LCh1cZAtfvDqkZbY9iDb6.PNG

Slide5_gXwPCh83j19cp2HVtW8vHa.PNG

Along with the open diffs I am running in this SCX10.1, I thought a scale power servo with 133oz would do... behold the historically weak Hitec 645mg...lol. I don't plan on comping with this setup so we shall see how long the 645MG lasts. I normally run Hitec 7655tg with 333oz and have been happy with those for years.

# HRC32645S
@ 4.8V (0.20 sec/deg @ 6V) Torque: 107 oz/in @ 4.8V (133 oz/in @ 6V)
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/hrc32645s.htm

I added some spacers to get the servo horn where I needed it, to minimize the steering links contacting.
Slide12_vutLRU8zYySUJfW5HhS2ZN.PNG

Using a 24t Vanquish Products clamping servo arm.
https://www.vanquishproducts.com/clamping-24t-servo-horn-20mm-length/
# VPS02413

Slide11_qaqksNBbYYKVrZSJpjvdyV.PNG

Made some links out of 10-24 threaded rod, 1/4 SS tubing and Traxxas Revo rod ends.
Slide10_rcbXB9FPSXTYc2XhMtthLH.PNG

For the ESC, I am using a Hobbywing Quicrun WP 1080. I haven't used this ESC before but love the size... it reminds of the old Tekin FXRs but to be honest the FXR would thermo out a lot with my scale trucks but were ok in my comp crawlers.
Just enough room for the ESC behind the grill of the body too, can't get more scale than that...lol.
Slide9_9cHPhh19ZXiH1WVzEBZZui.PNG

I know the LIPO is a bit high, not the best for COG but again, this is a trail truck and don't plan to comp or hit crazy lines. I guess this means I am not doing the fake gas tank in the rear to hold the lipo anymore though.

I am using a Turnigy 1300mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack.
# T1300.3S.30
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-1300mah-3s-30c-lipo-pack.html
Slide8_riXydPWh61m8P8NXGHEX4x.PNG

A few pics of my SCX10.1 LC80 out on it's main voyage.

Slide1_t7NsswuC2jW3pgeJoJ76Gh.PNG

Slide2_8NFr6tGop22bgA8zBTZWQG.PNG

Really nice build.

This looks so good! Love the updates! Hard body 10.1 version of my blue lexan TRX 80!

As always, super clean and detailed build and even right down to the scale license plate bolts!"thumbsup"

Seeing this has me thinking I should dig out my old SCX10.1 axle housing and resurrect them into a new build!:)

Back