• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Yeti Jr Support

_e_w_

I am considering one of these instead of building a bouncer, but I'm concerned about the lack of part support. I have read a couple of threads on this site, have read reviews elsewhere and people seem to like the platform, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people talking about them.

The other thing that concerns me is that one version of the Yeti Jr has been discontinued as well as the 1/10 counterpart. So, I have the following questions;

If I am able to get my hands on the Yeti Jr Score, will I be able to use parts from the Yeti Jr if I break something? Anyone know why the Score was discontinued?

How durable are they? I'm not interested in doing speed runs or seeing how high I can jump it, but would like to put a brushless in it.

Is the lack of part support due to a solid platform that handles abuse fairly well?

Like others have already have stated, it would be really nice if Axial would start releasing their smaller offerings in kit form.

Last edited:
I have a Yeti Jr score. It’s essentially a toy.

I’ve put hundreds of dollars into it, replacing all the steering and drivetrain with aluminum, Savox servo, lockers, brushless motor/esc, etc. It’s a fun little truck to have and tinker with, but don’t expect it to perform like a 1/10 scale vehicle.

I haven’t had any issues finding parts.

I don't mind throwing a little money at it as long as it's durable. The parts you upgraded are what I planned on upgrading.

I haven't driven a 1/10 for over a decade and don't really have the room for a 1/10, which is why I keep tinkering around with the Mini's. Just looking for a fun durable little basher that will handle some rough stuff that isn't a monster truck.

Will bodies made for the 1/16 Slash fit the Yeti Jr? Wheel base appears to be the same and length and height are close.

Last edited:
I stripped the plastic spur gear (as expected) as soon as I went brushless. I haven't broken anything else, although I don't drive it all that often. Seems durable enough. I got some slightly bigger tires and beadlocks from rc4wd that I haven't put on it yet, so that might cause some extra wear and tear.

My dog got a little overexcited chasing it around and did a little body damage when he got a hold of it. I haven't looked into fitting other bodies, but it's on the list.

Wanna buy mine?... haha.

Back