• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

"Xtra aluminum axles" review

Gatorbait

Anybody used these axles on a Wraith?

Xtra Speed Assembled Aluminum Front Axle Axial Wraith 1 10 RC Car XS AW23038 | eBay

Or this link. Front axle

, ,(XS-AW23038) by Xtra Speed Assembled Aluminum Front Axle

Rear
, ,(XS-AW23039) by Xtra Speed Assembled Aluminum Rear Axle

I want to upgrade but am new at this. I can't find anything on these axles. Wondering if you get what you pay for.

20140214_224156_zpsehk8k8x7.jpg

Just got done building this from a kit. My first RC. I have broken it so far every time out ( only three packs, and nimh at that ). I bought a craigslist wraith that had aluminun links and knuckles. I put the upgraded parts on my wraith and am building the other back to stock to sell or let my son play with.

I have the following on my Wraith.
Brxl esc
Holmes pro 27 turn
Hitec hs-7950 servo
Castle bec
Flysky fs-gtc3
Led kit

I went ahead and ordered the front axle on ebay. I ordered it on 2/18. It is scheduled for delivery March 6. So delivery is a little slow.

20140228_224555_zpsruj8jlzq.jpg

20140228_233451_zpsyjjzv7p0.jpg

After grease

20140301_002511_zpshmdz179g.jpg

My electronics

20140301_164617_zps1nhz2jcm.jpg

I installed the axle. I had two issues. One the axle was installed with the hub centered in the bolt holes. I was going to rotate it around but couldn't get the short shaft side to come out. So I installed it with the hub centered on both sides.

The steering linkage had to be shortened up a little to center up in my servo. The link that came with the axle has aluminum rod ends. It came apart as I messed with it. I ended up swapping to some plastic ends that I had. I think they are plenty strong.

Other than that the axle looked well built and sturdy. I did take it fully apart and loctite all the bolts. Several we're loose.

I ran it for a few minutes and nothing broke, which is better than before. I didn't take it anywhere rough yet but I don't see why it wouldn't hold up. Total price was $99 on eBay.

Last edited:
I am also waiting for front and rear axle's to arrive. Will be looking forward to reading your posts on the results of these axle's. Good luck and have fun. (Great Pic's!, very detailed)

Back