• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wish I bought a Super earlier.

Revo88

Rock Stacker
Finally got my clod-based NN chassis Super, last week... and I cant believe of all the RC's I have or have owned, I didnt get one of these non stop fun kits sooner!

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/Johnny_Gash/?action=view&current=IMG_5799.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/Johnny_Gash/?action=view&current=IMG_5352.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/Johnny_Gash/?action=view&current=IMG_5796.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/Johnny_Gash/?action=view&current=IMG_5794.jpg

I sold off a axial AX-10 that was stock cus it just wasnt my cup of tea, cus I just thought it was too small and when using it outside, it needed to be driven slower and careful as to not tip over all the time. Prolly just my lack of skill, but cus of its danty size it hardly got used and collected dust... I had been meaning to post about gettin the super crawler sooner, but I've been having way too much fun using it outside all the time!! I love the heft of the metal chassis and the HUGE tires just tackle the terrain so much better and now its my fast as can be brushless E-Revo and mini E-Revo that are collecting the dust.

Stats:
~NN Chassis
~RC Guy lower links set to 17inch wheelbase
~Clod axles; locked diffs, with bearings all around
~Integy 65turn lathe motors with 8tooth pinions
~Novak Superduty XR powered by a 3s Lipo
~PunkRC.com 4WS Mod on a Traxxas TQ3 radio
~Hitec Metal Gear Servos... soon to be 1/4scale servos!!
~HPI shocks with 40wt traxxas oil and one 1/4inch traxxas spacer on each
~12mm to 23mm wheel adapters
~Proline 40series Moab crawler tires
~Soon to be painted HPI Jeep TJ body to match my real life Blue Jeep TJ

Planned Upgrades:
~Super Bully Axles
~1/4 scale servo mounts
~2.4ghz Radio System. Maybe the Futaba one or the one RC4WD has, IDK

Overall, I couldnt be happier with it and now Im fully hooked on the crawling side of RC. Its a very capable rig and I enjoy getting to find out what it can do on all the spots I have in my yard from steps, railroad ties, rock piles, and chasing my dogs lol.

Thanks for looking and I'll get some actions shots up soon aswell as updates on the upgrades I plan to add on soon!!

Last edited:
Oops... my pics dont load.
any ideas? I entered the link of the pics photobucket page, IDK

Saw my misstake... all better now!!

Last edited:
To load pics, copy the link labeled "IMG Code" and paste it into your reply.

IMG_5799.jpg

Looks like a great truck!

My only crawler is an 18" pimp cane clod, I drove my pals 2.2 the other day (for about 30 seconds) and for the life of me i can't see why anyone would build anything but a super:mrgreen:"thumbsup"

Phil

The NN is a good chassis"thumbsup" You will want to limit that flex though, that is way to much and will hurt you more than help you.

Thanks guys!

ClodCrawler005.jpg

Dont worry, the Traxxas servo is just temporary. lol

Well since those first pics, I drained the oil out of the shocks and put in traxxas 40wt and some shock spacers and that helped tame down the flex, cus it was to soft when I got it. The added resistance seems just about right with the work I did on it. Plus I lengthened the WB by placing the shock end further down on the mount on the lower links. That worked out good too.

Thats the beat up Jeep body it came with, and Im using it while I decide how I wanna paint the new body I have. The smaller Maxx size tires kinda make it more fun as its more of a challenge to get over obstacles then with the huge ole Moabs. ha. But in the long run Id like to buy some RC4WD 40 series Rock Crushers that are like over 8-inchs in height. Just gotta urge to use em. They look cool atleast.

But first Im not too sure about my next upgrade... Id like to buy those Super size Bully Axles and 1/4-servo mounts to link up to the NN chassis. Is that gonna be possible? Will they match up well? Otherwise, I dont think I'll go down the Rock Crusher route with the standard size servos, IDK. I already found the 1/4 servo id like to get, Hitec MG 805, for about $60. It produces 300+ oz's of torq @ 6.0volts and Im guessing would be more then enuff to push about those huge ole tires in any condition.

Back