• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Winter Snowcrawl Series, v2.1 SIGNUP

Ok, you guys, you could make up better excuses for not wanting to get schooled! Hahaha,

See ya at the next one!

Got out of the afternoon job and only work overnight so I might make it.
Trying to drag Zack with as we speak.

First off, thanks to everyone who came out yesterday! I had a blast and I hope y'all did, too!

OK, here are the results:
1.9 Class: 1st, Dana. No penalties, 4 bonuses.
2nd, Phil.
3rd, Greg

2.2 class: 1st, Dana.
2nd, Jake
3rd, Greg.

We had a good mix of rigs, and a pretty good turnout for the crappy day it was. Thanks again for coming out!

I got some video but it'll be a bit before I have time to edit and put up on YouTube.

Big thanks to Phil for hosting. It's always a blast. Your hospitality is always appreciated.

Sorry for being an hour late.

Last edited:
OK, here is a complete rundown of the event.

1.9 class:
Dana, SiouxSCX10, 3:58 minus 2 minutes (yes, 4 bonuses!) for a Final Total of 1:58. Great job!
Phil, Clyde, 3:56 and one bonus is 3:26.
Greg, Orange Brick, 3:48 with 3 touches and one bonus, 4:03
Kevin (Pimp), running The Cheater (;)), 4:04 with 4 touches makes 5:04
Derek, drivin' Stubby, 6:00. One Hand and four touches, and one bonus comes out to 7. Hell, he spent that long tryin' to get up on the flat red rock on Saturday!! Good job, Stubby! And your truck did well, too!!
Kurt drove the yellow Jeep into 6th with 6:53 plus 1 Hand and 8 touches. No bonus puts it at 9:23.
Kevin "Capt." Morgan, the 7:58, the 2 Hands and 6 touches killed ya with 10:28. Better luck next time!!

2.2 Class

Dana. Ya seein' a pattern here? Wraith, 2:45 and 4 damn bonuses, again! Final time of :45. Freakin' unbelievable! GREAT JOB!!
Jake, AX10, 2:50 and 3 bonuses is 1:20. One bonus and 4 seconds from a W!!
Greg in his new Army Wroncho took third at 1:50, 1 touch and one bonus changes that to 1:35
Derek drove Farm Truck thru the fastest at 1:49, and one touch puts him at 2:04.
Phil drove the newly lightened Punisher to 5th w/ 2:16 FT
Chris W went 3:51, and 3 touches and 2 bonuses changes that to 3:36
Bob and his Exceed turned in a 2:28, and 5 touches put him in at 3:43
Kevin ran a 4:49, a touch and a bonus puts him at 4:34
Kevin W ran a 3:51, and three touches puts him at 4:36
Miguel ran a 5:08, and 5 touches ran it up to 6:23
Davis proved that a Yeti could run the course, but it takes a while. 5:56 plus 1 Hand and 3 touches, 7:11 Ouch!

It's amazing to me how much this has grown in such a very short period of time. Thanks to everyone who helped design, build, revamp, restack, clean up, yada yada yada, and also to everyone who came...it's good to see old and new faces!!

Tighten up your screws, charge up your batteries, and SIGN UP!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Fellas...I am moving back to butt ass cold MN. I have been in Louisville KY for almost 18yrs now. I attend a whole lot of comps all over the united states of MERICA! By reading some of your posts it looks like you guys only run Scalers. By the way I have a 2.2 pro DD XR-10, 2.2 axr10 Shafty, 1.9 MRC Gatekeeper, and my Wroncho Scaler. Why are there no PRO and SPORTY rigs in MN?

Last edited:
Hey Fellas...I am moving back to butt ass cold MN. I have been in Louisville KY for almost 18yrs now. I attend a whole lot of comps all over the united states of MERICA! By reading some of your posts it looks like you guys only run Scalers. By the way I have a 2.2 pro DD XR-10, 2.2 axr10 Shafty, 1.9 MRC Gatekeeper, and my Wroncho Scaler. Why are there no PRO and SPORTY rigs in MN?

Hi Barry,
Welcome back to the cold. It hasn't gotten any warmer than it was 18 yrs ago.

There are plenty of Pro rigs up here. Pure Sporty is down to literally 2 people. No 1.9 sportsman/shafty rigs running any more. I put a link to the thread for our 2015 regular season classes. Any 2.2 sporty "comp" rigs will be running with 2.2 Pro MOA, with dig allowed.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/517979-2015-mnrcrc-rules-schedule-meeting-notes.html

We've had great success with the 1.9 trail and 2.2 trail classes. Almost 10 of us holding on to 2.2 Pro. We also have a ton of fun with G6 and U4 style competitions.

The snowcrawl is a run what you brung fun event. We break it down by 1.9 and 2.2 tire. There is a winner based on time at every event for added excitement. Moreover, it's a new tradition we added to break the winter time blues with some RC crawling. If you can make the next one, go ahead and bring your MRC and sporty rigs. All are welcome. It's amazing what some of these scale rigs can do.

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Dana

Back