• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Which winch to use?

I totally agree. If you have a good local hobby shop, then deal with them.

I have 2 hobby shops closer to me than the one that I use. However, the shop I deal with supports our club, and the RC manager often attends our comps as well as supplies us with an indoor location. I try to buy from him first...even if it means spending a little more money.

My next stop if he doesn't have or can't get what I need are the great vendors on this forum. It's hard to go wrong with vendors like RC4wd, The Crawler Store, Krawler Hobbies, Brian's Hobbies, Holmes Hobby, RPP, JP Customs, etc...

It's always good to support LHS, but it's also nice to save money too. Check out RPP, they have get deals going on right now! RTR Honcho is $260 and if you spend $300 they ship for free. So basically you could get the Honcho and the RC4WD wireless winch or other upgrade for a lot less than your LHS.

I dont think so
I have a DHfab custom bumper wich fits the 3racing (says DHfab)
but I have a rc4wd winch and had to adjust a little bit to fit the winch

does the 3racing winch and the RC4WD winch use the same mounting pattern?
No, the rc4wd pattern is wider apart.

On the subject of where to buy from. It's been my experiance to support my local hobby shop. Remember, your generally not paying for the shipping through them. And in all honesty, some hobby shop deserve support. They are trying to make a living like everyone else. But, if you can save money through an on line store, (which most of the time you will because of the volumn they sell) then do it. TCScrawlers, and Rpphobby are great vendors I have had experiance with. Many of the vendors here have a good rep. The others are dealt with, but you can always ask for peoples feedback if your not sure. Also having a star helps. You can find some good deals in the for sale section if your not in a hurry, and you don't mind slightly used.

Last edited:
Back