• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What RC parts have you 3D Printed????

I ordered Overture TPU the other night. I was tempted to go for the High Speed version, but thought I would start with the regular stuff.

Hatchbox, Inland, Sunlu and Gratkit print well for me. I follow reviews on filament and buy when they're on sale. Current print/build is the MJet Sprint. My epoxy fail, sanding/bondo cover up and paint job were a collective sh*t show but I still love the boat!

3LG7A7Ll.jpg

5r8yG9El.jpg

15cUUkwl.jpg

KmnUMwll.jpg

TPU - what's your preferred brand that you've had good experience with?

Been printing TPU for about a year now and pretty much found for the price the Overture from Amzon to be the better bang on the dollar.
Ive got three S1's that I can clean the bed and drop the nozzle with no concerns.

Retractions and Speed is the key Ive found. Temps are important like PETG - Im around 220* first layer @ 0.3 then the rest is 210* @ 0.2 layer height.

I dont print from a dryer so I get about 3 days of it sitting in the open air before I start to see some strings and moisture. Throw it in my dryer for about 6-8 hours and its good for another 3 (ish) days.

Duramic has worked well for me also when Ive tried it.

SyraTech has some 85 Shore stuff that I tried recently. I wanted a little softer for the Touring Car bumpers I make.
Pain in the ass printing. Reviews were all great, a few similar to mine but for the most part its good.
I posted my review and SyraTech got ahold of me to resolve my problems. I havent talked with them yet but plan to.
They have good resins and I may have just got the end of a batch that wont dry enough or was mixed on a monday.

Attachments

• 51wE0Y+8m8L.png
    51wE0Y+8m8L.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 4
Been printing TPU for about a year now and pretty much found for the price the Overture from Amzon to be the better bang on the dollar.
Ive got three S1's that I can clean the bed and drop the nozzle with no concerns.

Retractions and Speed is the key Ive found. Temps are important like PETG - Im around 220* first layer @ 0.3 then the rest is 210* @ 0.2 layer height.

I dont print from a dryer so I get about 3 days of it sitting in the open air before I start to see some strings and moisture. Throw it in my dryer for about 6-8 hours and its good for another 3 (ish) days.

Duramic has worked well for me also when Ive tried it.

SyraTech has some 85 Shore stuff that I tried recently. I wanted a little softer for the Touring Car bumpers I make.
Pain in the ass printing. Reviews were all great, a few similar to mine but for the most part its good.
I posted my review and SyraTech got ahold of me to resolve my problems. I havent talked with them yet but plan to.
They have good resins and I may have just got the end of a batch that wont dry enough or was mixed on a monday.
Good feedback. Thank you. I've never even heard of Duramic, but good to know about Overture.

Speaking of dryer...I need to buy one of those now too. I'd prefer a front door version, but can't find one for a reasonable price.

Good feedback. Thank you. I've never even heard of Duramic, but good to know about Overture.

Speaking of dryer...I need to buy one of those now too. I'd prefer a front door version, but can't find one for a reasonable price.

Ya theyre getting back up in price. I just picked up the Creality Space PI dryer. It holds 2 rolls and has a display with everything thats easily readable. I want the SunLu box because it will dry 4 at a time but also 160$ I dont want to spend at the moment. I cant justify the need yet.

But in all honesty you dont need a fancy one. I still use the food dehydrator Ive had for 3 years. No fancy readouts but all you set is temp up to 160F and time up to 10 hours. Mine will hold 4 rolls so thats why I cant justify the Sunlu yet. Theres a lot of the dehydrators out there that will actually fit a roll. And they arent priced like a specialty.

I have not printed this and most likely wont, but it looks like an awesome project for the adventurous and patient 3D printer.

large_display_a6c66166-3a8a-4958-900c-afd45bf4bf92[1].jpg

Decided to try out this printed TPU insert thing.

I do want to try printing my own inserts. I won't pay for the overpriced 3D printed inserts out there. Interested in hearing your feedback after you run those.

I finally tried printing my Overture TPU last night. The filament was softer and more flexible than I had expected in a good way. And the first print, a cable tie, was way stronger than anticipated.

My second print was this rubber ducky. I'm excited to print more TPU.

I do want to try printing my own inserts. I won't pay for the overpriced 3D printed inserts out there. Interested in hearing your feedback after you run those.

This was my 3rd revision to make the inserts soft enough when using 95A Overture TPU. I am unimpressed with the available printed inserts for the price since these are not hard to design at all. Most inserts also seem to force the tire into a square profile since it is easier to print a straight outer walls and flat sides than make something that conforms to the natural shape of the tire. I wanted something that both kept the natural tire shape and had the proper inner width for SSD wheels.

They have some interesting properties since the inserts only flex in one direction while foam can flex in any direction. The sidewalls can't fold over at all so I'm curious how near zero give is going to impact sidehill performance. This version feels a just a little stiffer than a Proline dual stage insert so should be pretty good on most of my trucks.

This was my 3rd revision to make the inserts soft enough when using 95A Overture TPU. I am unimpressed with the available printed inserts for the price since these are not hard to design at all. Most inserts also seem to force the tire into a square profile since it is easier to print a straight outer walls and flat sides than make something that conforms to the natural shape of the tire. I wanted something that both kept the natural tire shape and had the proper inner width for SSD wheels.

They have some interesting properties since the inserts only flex in one direction while foam can flex in any direction. The sidewalls can't fold over at all so I'm curious how near zero give is going to impact sidehill performance. This version feels a just a little stiffer than a Proline dual stage insert so should be pretty good on most of my trucks.
I also made my own custom inserts for my Jconcepts 4.2 megalythics. People charging anything at all for these designs is insanity. Took me 30 minutes to design. Printing took a while, but takes zero effort on my part.

I also made my own custom inserts for my Jconcepts 4.2 megalythics. People charging anything at all for these designs is insanity. Took me 30 minutes to design. Printing took a while, but takes zero effort on my part.
That's what the Facebook sheep that mindlessly regurgitate their favorite brand of trendy inserts simply don't understand. They are getting ripped off! Sure, R&D is worth something, but not what these guys are charging.

Back