• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

what is better a light rig or a heavy one?

theblackmonky

Pebble Pounder
just wondering how to build mine i have an axial, should i go with a tube frame which i really like the looks of or go with a body that will be lighter?

it all depends on setup. If you really like the tube frames, get one. Are you looking to win competitions or just play around? IMO the twin plates are easier to setup and mess with, but the tuber's can be just as competitive.

I prefer a mid weight rig.
I like my front end heavy, and my rear light.

A light rig is going to feel more nimble, while a heavier rig will feel more planted.
As to which is more capable, thats all about setup and driver

Well Let See

If your rig is to heavy you will place alot of stress on your rig, but if its to light you will be prone to flipping over on inclines, drop offs, and side hilling. I guess you need to find a reasonable weight somewhere in between the two. My rig comes in at a respectable 5 lbs 8 oz and it does well. Not to heavy but not to light either."thumbsup"

I would prefer a midweight rig. Dont have much experience but it jsut seems like a midweight rig would do best. I would ask bcrofts. Hes the master at crawler setups and tuning.

I think it all depends on what you crawl on. Lots of basic stuff then a light rig would probably be pretty good etc... I do agree that you need to find the weight thats good for you. Mines a tad under 6lbs. :mrgreen:

Back