• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What do I need to instal a dig on my ax10 rtr it's 100% stock

Dill30705

I am buying an axial ax10 and want to put a dig on it but I'm not sure what it will cost and exactly what all I will need to instal it and have it in working order. I assume I need a 3 channel radio also but don't know enought to know which one to get and can't spend over 200 on the radio I'm on a tight budget and it sucks. Any help or subjestions is highly appreciated "thumbsup".

The Futaba 3pm or 3pmX radio is a good beginner 2.4ghz setup.

the spektrum DX3E is a good very inexpensive 2.4ghz radio as well.

The vanquish hurtz shifter dig is one of the best dig units out there.

for the DX3E and the vanquish dig unit you'r coming in around the $200 budget.

you will need 3 position 3rd channel in your radio
Radio - 35 bucks+25bucks hack =60 bucks, or get yourself DX3E
and the dig unit itself.
dig unit - VP, or others, but VP is simply the best, though the most expensive :mrgreen:
you will also need probably to shorten ur rear drive shaft, or get a shortened MIP.
hope that helps

Don't forget a mini servo. I recommend the Hitec MG-225
This works great with the Vanquish Dig and mini servo mount.

nice find. i didn't read anything on the frame rate. That could be the only thing I'd want to know before buying this, only because I've got a baja an other nitro vehicles I need a tight frame rate or I notice more lag the further away I am.

for crawling, frame rate isn't an issue.

I assume I need a 3 channel radio also but don't know enought to know which one to get and can't spend over 200 on the radio I'm on a tight budget and it sucks.

I know it's right at the top of your budget, but a 4PL can be had for under $200 if you look. I know you are new to the hobby, and it might seem like overkill, but if you ever upgrade to something else, this radio can take you there. It can handle a class 3 scaler with winch and 4WS, right up to an MOA with proportional dig. Also the receivers cost less than those for the 3PM-X...go figure.

I wish I had gotten more radio than I needed when I first started, because now I have several that just sit.

Welcome to RCC "thumbsup"

Last edited:
You will also need a external bec! Mine wouldn't handle a heavy-duty steering servo plus a std servo for dig! It would loose power to servo's and after a short bit, power to esc.

You'll also need to upgrade your drivetrain. Dig puts quite a bit of strain on parts. You'll be blowing driveshafts and transmission outputs if they're still stock.

Personally I'd skip the dig, buy some essential parts, and learn how to drive first. Getting a dig right off the bat will make you dependent on it.

You'll also need to upgrade your drivetrain. Dig puts quite a bit of strain on parts. You'll be blowing driveshafts and transmission outputs if they're still stock.

Personally I'd skip the dig, buy some essential parts, and learn how to drive first. Getting a dig right off the bat will make you dependent on it.

I'm going to take this advice...learn to drive first...

My dig was one of the upgrades I uses a lot and some time I fell like Its a crutch. I think learning to drive first and upgrade things like tires and servo, is a great idea.

Back