• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wendigo rock racer vs Trailwalker pre-runner

hamsterrorist

I'm thinking of my next ride and currently it's between the new Redcat Wendigo (well, when i'm able to order it for international delivery) or the Enduro Trailwalker - albeit with the IFS kit and brushless upgrade.

Most of the trails I hit are clay so there's about 50/50 between "crawling" and "bashing" spots...figured one of these options would fit the bill nicely :)

Has anyone turned the Trailwalker into a pre-runner? Was thinking that with the IFS kit, a sensible brushless setup (~3000kv) and a bit of suspension tuning it might work out quite well - and at the same overall price as the Wendigo. I have no idea whether the drivetrain is up for the challenge though.

Thanks all.

I just got my Element IFS kit to put on my 10.2. Seems pretty stout drivetrain wise as it's based on the Element gears. I am planning on running a 3100kv Roc412 in mine. Best choice for bashing, no, but for a sweet truck that's fun to rip around it's fine.

Mine is a scale prerunner of course so it's perfect for that.
I'll get a pic posted here shortly of my progress.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

49671392866_f727965d08_z.jpg

Last edited:

Sweet, looking forward to seeing it.
Basher-wise, i've already got an SCT and a Baja Rey for that kinda thing, and prerunner-wise a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage Pro that I still need to put together.

I've got one of my cheap crawlers (RGT) setup to haul pretty fast on 2S, which got me thinking about some kinda hybrid.

Might just have to give it a go and see what happens! :mrgreen:

I just got my Element IFS kit to put on my 10.2. Seems pretty stout drivetrain wise as it's based on the Element gears. I am planning on running a 3100kv Roc412 in mine. Best choice for bashing, no, but for a sweet truck that's fun to rip around it's fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

49671392866_f727965d08_z.jpg

I'm 99% done building my kyosho but mannnnn that raptor looks SWEET!!!

cool thread and yes there is a hole in the market!
Thats why its up to us to get creative and build cool stuff!"thumbsup"

Have you considered the Enduro kit instead of the Trailwalker? I own a TW and you're going to wind up throwing away the (frankly disappointing) transmitter, receiver, exc and steering servo anyway. And doesn't the kit come with the harder plastic you might need? There are reports here of snapping the stock c-hubs in two, and we're not even talking brushless.

Yeah I have but I do like the TW body and wheels...cost difference is minimal for the goodies it comes with. But true, if the kit has stronger parts then it's an option.

I'm assuming that the platform should be able to handle some BL power, most crawler drivetrains appear pretty durable nowadays, and I won't have portals to worry about either. I mean the Wendigo is just a non-portal Gen8 really isn't it?

Back