• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Velineon Brushless Ridgecrest (top speed)

ripcrest

All,

Just installed the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3S ESC and 3500 kV brushless combo last night. Install was extremely easy (ESC, motor were both pre-wired for a true plug-and-play system).

Got around to doing a speed run a few minutes ago by strapping a GPS to the chassis and letting 'er rip, and my top speed with all of the stock gears (87/20 spur/pinion, 2.92:1 front/rear diff ratio, and 2.6:1 transmission ratio) was 21.5 MPH :twisted:
Also, motor/ESC temps were barely warm after about 10 minutes of full speed runs, which was relieving.

If you're looking to transform the Ridgecrest platform into an all-out basher, this seems like a great setup (I'm sure most 3500 kV brushless systems will provide similar results however, note that the Velineon system is waterproof as well "thumbsup").

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know what type of speed you can expect from a brushless system of this size; I know I wish that I would've came across info like this before purchasing, but it looks like it worked out for the type of driving I do w/ my Ridgecrest!

Now, let the breaking of all parts begin...;-)

Yes, very cool. I ran it the last couple of nights for about 30 minutes each night (mostly full speed runs since I was just playing around in a parking lot), and still the motor, ESC, and 3S Lipo were barely warm to the touch. Granted, it was 35-40 degrees out both nights...anxious to see the temps in the peak of summer.

Re: Velineon Brushless Ridgecrest

Went out this weekend to a series of bike trails to hit some jumps and berms...got a short video to give you guys a sneak peak of the power the Velineon system delivers (you can really tell after the second jump how fast it runs away from the camera).

Brought a temp gun out and motor was only 81* F after, what I would call, pretty aggressive driving; definitely have room to gear it faster (but I don't think I will).

Going out this weekend as well, hopefully I'll get some better footage.

Here's the clip:
Brushless Axial Ridgecrest - YouTube

I miss how much fun mine was with the brushless system! Mine is still on 3s, but geared down on a brushed crawler motor.

Looking like a fun truck!"thumbsup"

Back