• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Upright shock mod complete!

GMan90

None of this would be possible without Jim85IROC! Thank you for the files on the mod and the videos on how to properly install it. I also printed scx10 control arms that worked very well. You inspired me to get a wltoys and a 3D printer. I kept the original steering and the servos. Used this set up on mine and my dads and it really works well, I’ve noticed the front suspension can take a lot more bashing before breaking any components. Also upgraded to vaterra front differential cups and axles. Seems to work a lot better and haven’t broken them yet. Just wanted to say my thanks!!
d7e014861ba8d66ffab13b74576ff5fd.jpg

85c57d6ac22bfbe9fe8d63c93e063cb7.jpg

ae2c527e371f0177145af80ce5a478e0.jpg

e013ca3dfc3f5abd53647c5eba49931d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a WLToys 10428-B, just like Jim's, and I have done his mods. That big grin of his when he shows the front hinge with rear magnets is spot on. It's a GREAT mod. The trick to getting his mods to work is to get good quality printed parts. I tried using a printer at a local library and the big part didn't come out right. I had a guy re-print it for me and it worked out great. I haven't decided on whether to do the same to my newly acquired Twin Hammers. It has a one-piece stock body and I'd prefer not to have to butcher the hood and its supports, but there aren't as many upgrade/ mod parts out there anymore. I just may do it all over again on my TH.
P.S. If you do his battery tray, it helps to use some of the 3-M anti-slip stuff to keep the battery from sliding around.

Last edited:
Back