• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

UnlimitedJDBs Soft Top Jeep Wrangler LJ

UnlimitedJDB

Pebble Pounder
This was my first build, and I think it came out pretty decent. I wanted to build a 1:10 version of my 1:1 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) which has the longer wheel base.

Here is the inspiration:

LJInspire.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Last edited:
Specs So Far:

-Started with an SCX10 RTR
-HPI Rubicon body (pretty much he only TJ era wrangler out there and it's actually stretched to be very close to the real LJ dimensions).
-Modified dingo interior
-modified dingo cage
-Soft top with operable rear hatch
-Headlights and tail light installed on the body
-Spare tire carrier
-Intigy 35t lathe motor
-Axial alum link kit
-Rock armour dagger front bumper
-rock armour rear bumper
-RC4WD wireless winch w/ custom synth cable
-Pit Bull Tires on axial 8-holes
-Custom cargo rack modeled after my smitty bilt (removed due to snagging all the time)
-ballooned electronics
-sideways battery mod

[pics to follow]

LJ3.jpg

Paint

LJ4.jpg

LJ5.jpg

Love the expressions!

LJ6.jpg

Fab'd a rack to match my 1:1...I took it off after a few runs cause it got hung up too much.

LJ7.jpg

Made a pin keeper using a hi-lift jack

LJ8.jpg

Used rubber tube for a snorkle and wind deflector

LJ9.jpg

Used the spare western hoop on the rear to keep the spare from cating on steep approaches. Westerns have been removed for Rock Armour bumpers.

LJ10.jpg

Made some D-Rings out of cotter pins.

Back