• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Twin hammers front cv problems

archcsr

Hoping someone can shed some light on this. The front CV connection to the outrunner axle cup on my TH never stays in place. It is almost like the CV shaft is too short to stay firmly seated in the cup as it rotates. Are there longer CV shafts available or shafts from another model that would work better? Thank you.

The camber links may be slightly too long or they've striped from the plastic rod ends and after market vertical suspension which is too long can cause this ! 65mm I think are max from hole to hole hope this helps [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very common issue. Some folks say fit longer Team Associated shafts, but having spent a good deal of time looking at and measuring the TH front end, (i've re-modelled the whole lot on my computer) I'd highly recommend just adjusting the suspension tie rod inwards to reduce how far down the suspension can droop. If that didn't work, i'd put a washer under the shock piston to limit down travel further.
Check out this link (more for people who have modded their suspension, but the same issue)
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/570582-twin-hammers-front-suspension-setup.html

Very, very common issue. Some folks say fit longer Team Associated shafts, but having spent a good deal of time looking at and measuring the TH front end, (i've re-modelled the whole lot on my computer) I'd highly recommend just adjusting the suspension tie rod inwards to reduce how far down the suspension can droop. If that didn't work, i'd put a washer under the shock piston to limit down travel further.
Check out this link (more for people who have modded their suspension, but the same issue)
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/570582-twin-hammers-front-suspension-setup.html
This is what I did to mine.. at first I installed washers inside the suspension shaft. And then junked the idea and proceeded to adjusting the rodends instead.

It lowered the car, but it gave a much better rotation on the front CVs

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your help. I'd like to be able to enjoy this thing but this CV thing has been a real pain.

The WL Toys shafts for the K949 (Hammer clone) are slightly longer two because the clone have more down travel.

The WL Toys shafts for the K949 (Hammer clone) are slightly longer two because the clone have more down travel.

The problem comes on the up travel. A longer shaft will bottom the dog bone before full travel. This will put a huge end load through the shaft that could destroy the cvd and damage the bearings. Better to just set the thing up like Vaterra intended.

I had the same problem with my driver's side popping out. I shortened the links ever so slightly, which kept it from popping out again. I ran it hard testing after that and it behaved like a charm. Made me fall in love with my TH all over again. I love my Bombers too, but for 1.9 rigs, I would highly recommend it. Too bad they discontinued it.

Back