• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX4M electronics questions

Tucky

First off I am pretty new to this and I'm probably the dumbest guy you have never met so feel free to talk down to me if I am not getting something.
I got a TRX4M that I have been slowly spending every penny I have on. I was looking at upgrading the electronics to go with the Injora purple pro motor I got and was wondering if I needed to get anything other than this to make it all work? INJORA MB100-R80 ESC and 6CH Transmitter Receiver for 1/18 1/24 RC Crawlers. I have seen reviews on the Youtubes recently and I like the slow crawl people are getting with that set up.

What I have already done to it, crawler gears in the trans, under/overdrive in the diff's, brass skid, links, 7kg servo, 70mm tires on 1.3 brass wheels, 59mm oil shocks, hub extensions, steel drive lines, Injora chassis for the laydown servo, and of course the IR40 body because who doesn't love a bitchin FJ? The Injora +4 diamond axles are on the near horizon.

Last edited:
We're all clueless when starting a new hobby so don't feel bad at all. Definitely no need to apologize. If people are ever rude to you, and they probably won't be on this site as it has become a pretty small and tighter-knit group, just ignore them or tell them off. No harm no foul.

The TRX-4M comes with brushed electronics. A brushed ESC will only work with a brushed motor and the Injora Purple is brushed. I don't foresee any issues.

You linked to a transmitter and receiver not the motor. Not sure if you did that on purpose. That stuff is not required for a simple brushed motor swap.

I swapped in this Holmes Hobbies 66T brushed motor without any issues.

Post up some pics or even start a build thread of your TRX-4M. We love that stuff!

Back