• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas xl5 esc problem

hunna122

Hey guys, i have been having trouble with my esc. It is a Traxxas xl5 it works fine but if the rig isnt moving and i steer the rig jumps forward and goes crazy any help is appreciated thanks,

Did it always do this? If so, try recalibrating the RX to ESC.
If not, did you change the steering servo?

What radio, what steering servo, what battery type & qty of cells.
, do you use an external BEC?

Did it always do this? If so, try recalibrating the RX to ESC.
If not, did you change the steering servo?

What radio, what steering servo, what battery type & qty of cells.
, do you use an external BEC?

Thanks for the reply

i did put a new servo in it didnt do it for a little while and now it just does it.

i have a spektrum dx3e i have a savox steering servo im not sure what kind of savox and i have a onyx 7.2v 3000mah nimh battery it actually quit for a little while after i hooked my winch up to the reciever and then started up again. i might get a new motor and esc anyways but i would like to fix it so i dont have to
if i left anything out let me know and ill awnser Oh yea i dont have an external BEC

I am having a problem with my XL5 also, when I go forward the motor runs at full speed, reverse is slower also, I have a lipo 4800 and an integy motor, thanks for any help, and sorry to hijack!

I am having a problem with my XL5 also, when I go forward the motor runs at full speed, reverse is slower also, I have a lipo 4800 and an integy motor, thanks for any help, and sorry to hijack!

Sounds like it's in Mode 2 jrod, full power forward and 50% in reverse."thumbsup"

Back