• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas T-Lock TRA5697 for TRX-4 - Guide

DON'T!
Reversing polarity just works on a plain motor. A Servo contains electronics, if you reverse it it's smoked.

Regarding your question:
With the reverser both servos always go simultaneously. You could try by just connecting one and see how it pulls. Without reverser the other would pull the same direction (not pull/push, but turn right/left), with reverser one would be reversed.
If i remember correctly, without reverser you'll get front locked or rear locked, but one always is.
With reverser you'll get both unlocked or both locked.

The TLock module allows 3 positions, so front locked, both locked and none locked.

Now you must decide what you want.

Last edited:
Thanks amigaman! I definitely don’t wanna smoke the little 2065’s.

I’m not going to go with 3-position though. I plan to make:
•Channel 3 dedicated to rear diff only
•Channel 4 dedicated to front diff AND low/high gear only

This way while crawling, I’m always in low gear/always front diff locked with option to lock/unlock rear diff. Then while hiking trail or bashing, I’m always in high gear/always front diff unlocked with option to lock/unlock rear diff. If that makes sense :???:

That could make sense.
I have no idea how the diff and gears servo need to be oriented, but you could go without TLock and maybe just use the reverser.
Then you won't need the TLock, although it could make sense to have it and have gears on Ch3 with diffs on TLock/Ch4.

IN THEORY:
YqkOLwS.jpg

Any suggestions before I take on? :?: :idea:

Last edited:
Why write, print and scan instead of post directly? It's too big and bad to read...

That said:
What do you mean with the drag brake and the text in parenthesis after "hi/lo servo"?

Sorry about that. I really need to figure out how to resize my photos before posting. Also, I put it on paper so it can make a little more sense to myself. Lol

Anyway, the “text in parenthesis”:
I have a Mamba X ESC with aux feature set at “rock racer/crawler mode” so...
•When low gear is activated, I’ll have instant reverse and 100% drag brake in neutral. CRAWLING
•When high gear is activated, I’ll have reg reverse, 0% drag brake in neutral and reg braking. BASHING

Then you need a "W"-Cable with 3 outputs (or two stacked Y's) and put gears, front diff and aux ESC input in parallel. No need to solder something, i'd say. The Aux connection either has no power or the same as the main.

Back