• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Travis C's FJ45 2.2 part Deux already built thread

I'm considering putting this rig on the chopping block, I'm thinking if I want a scaler that will perform the way I want it to, I'll toss a scale body on top of a comp rig. I do have a complete Bully2 front axle and really like Robbob's new rear axle. I don't need two 2.2 scalers and I really have a hankering for the C3 Sammy I picked up off distinctive pd. Going to make that one four wheel steering and chance around some of the tubework.
I took the 45 out to the Butte Co, Scalers event yesterday along with the Bully2 and had waaaayyyy more fun doing the technical stuff than sitting in line waiting for someone with a ton of camping supplies zip tied to their truck trying to make an easy line. I understand these are family style events which is good to get more people into the hobby but I would rather be on a technical course against the clock and rock.

Last edited:
I put some mudbashers back on it. Probably just going to enjoy it for now :)

Eventually Ill get it Class 3-a-fied

Last edited:
Got the ol' FJ45 out today to get it ready for a local scale comp tomorrow, it's quite the beast! Tons of fun.

32036319103_c0f52b44e4_b.jpg

32008039604_5f65c3ddec_b.jpg

32036318243_c33a5a8022_b.jpg

Sorry if the fuel cell smells like an ashtray, that's where I stashed my butts instead of tossing them on the ground.:ror:

:ror: Never noticed! I need to get it glued shut, every time I run it the cover pops off and I have to put it in my pocket.

Your updates look great - good to see this rig still getting after it. "thumbsup"

Still one of my favorites!

Back