• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Travis C's FJ45 2.2 part Deux already built thread

Finger, the other other white meat. Glad it wasnt any worse. FJ is looking mean! "thumbsup"

It was only white for a short while, then it turned red and runny. Thank you Dean, it's not quite as cool as yours though."thumbsup"

I have the 2.2 Scorpios! I really like the performance with the CI foams. Your truck looks like alot of fun. Great looking also.

Yeah, they are a pretty good tire, especially after removing the inner ribbing and some tread grooving with a Dremel."thumbsup"

Picked up one of these for the 45, haven't had time to install it yet. I'll report back with my thoughts after a run with it.
It's just under 800oz at 8.4v:shock:
20160609_163718.jpg

Last edited:
Took the 45 out yesterday, trying out some 3D printed link/shock mounts from SMW. Need to get some knuckle weights back on it and maybe some Beef Tubes in the rear but it was pulling some lines that I was fairly impressed with.
20160706_170321.jpg

20160706_170345.jpg

20160706_125253.jpg

20160706_124147.jpg

20160706_122833.jpg

20160706_122812.jpg

I wish I had been able to watch this thing run at Coutolenc. I was too busy trying to keep up with my kid... He doesn't have "take your time" in his vocabulary yet (10 yr old). I think he would have got 1st in class 4 if he hadn't stopped to wait for me a few times. He managed 1st at baldrock in the spring. I didn't have a truck together at that point so I didn't slow him down lol.

Are you going to bald rock in August?

I wish I had been able to watch this thing run at Coutolenc. I was too busy trying to keep up with my kid... He doesn't have "take your time" in his vocabulary yet (10 yr old). I think he would have got 1st in class 4 if he hadn't stopped to wait for me a few times. He managed 1st at baldrock in the spring. I didn't have a truck together at that point so I didn't slow him down lol.

Are you going to bald rock in August?

I'm planning on it.

I have to admit it, you did a nice job with this one Travis.

Drove some scalers last sunday, im itching real bad...

Last edited:
I didn't even know about this thread before Travis told me about it yesterday. Now I've been back a few times. Always inspiring Mr C.!

Yeah, what Casey said...

I have to admit it, you did a nice job with this one Travis.

Drove some scalers last sunday, im itching real bad...

Why thank you Chumper, means a lot coming from you!
Miss ya!;-)

Yup, comp rig too!"thumbsup"

I didn't even know about this thread before Travis told me about it yesterday. Now I've been back a few times. Always inspiring Mr C.!

Yeah, what Casey said...

Why thank you, like the Chumper, that means a lot coming from you!
BTW, shirts went in the mail today."thumbsup"

Hey Steve-O, been alright, could be better, could be worse.
I still have two sets of narrowed Mashers, one set has 1.9 beads glued in instead of reducing them and the other is 2.2 just narrowed. IMO they are still a great scale tire but the 2.2 Mud Bashers from RC4WD are awesome!"thumbsup"

I'm going to try to make it down to your neck of the woods in September for some comp, not sure which one it is though.:ror::oops:
Hope to catch up with ya if I make it."thumbsup"

Back