• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TorqueMaster Outdrives for Axial Transmissions

6mm Wraith version ordered "thumbsup"

Can't keep the RRP one piece lowers from ripping the rear off. This should solve it :flipoff:

rrp_lower.jpg

I think you might be one of the first to order 6mm :lol: We have some huge power being run through 5mm versions without a failure yet. The RR one part lower gear is made nice, but the gear blank material is not good chromoly.

Just wanted to report our Wraith and SCX stock style shafts have been most popular, time to set the machine back up for em so we don't run out!

RRP gear isn't compatible....

The "small" side of the gear will not fit over either flange.

Time to grind on some shiny new parts "thumbsup"

Turned down the OD of the shaft just slightly, RRP gear fits great. Handed to my coworker who says "why's there a chunk missing right where it breaks?"

So... Run it, it has a warranty anyway? Or send it back now?

IMG_20150714_082247_hdr.jpg

shaft.png

Last edited:
What part number RRP gear? It is listed that only AX/ SCX lower gears are compatible, the wraith lower is known as incompatible. I am running lockrings right now, and have made the diameter smaller to help with fitment of the RRP anodized alloy gear. They fit just fine with Axial and Hot racing gears as-is.

Last edited:
Chucked in a hand held drill and polished with some emery cloth for 20 minutes or so. The pin goes in fine. I had the 1552 gear already, it was really really close, so I polished it 100 grit emery till it cleared.

Just checked the pin again, goes through fine on that side, won't go through on the short side, 3-4mm from passing though.

IMG_20150714_100420_hdr.jpg

IMG_20150714_100445_hdr.jpg

Edit again. Ran a 3/32 drill bit through the short side, pins goes though fine. I'm going to run it, what's the worst that can happen :mrgreen:

And I would like to add, this thing is beefy, should hold up to all the abuse your 3300kv trailmaster can throw at it.

I'm batting 1000 on this thing... Need a 6mm rear output bearing too. Front one is good to go. 6x11x4... odd bearing I can only get online :cry:

Last edited:
Beefy "thumbsup"

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ld1i-JfXfYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
That guy with the wraith is pretty crazy. Guess they will have to make some 8mm outputs when he grenades those 6mm's.:flipoff: That second truck to jump looked pretty sweet tho!

Any idea of when the scx10 extended outdrives will be back in stock?

Back