• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TomG's Hulksta 2.2 Riddler

Tom G

Quarry Creeper
Built this 2.2 Pro Hulksta RIDDLER / RC4WD Bully for my son who is in the USAF station in Germany .

Sent him and my grandson my ole 2.2 Berg 5D Dominator a couple years ago to play with. So needless to say he’s been bitten by the Comp Crawler Bug and has been playing at few local Comps.

Not going to bore Y-all with the installation of every part /nut and bolt so here are the Spec’s

Chassis / suspension

Hulksta 2.2 Riddler chassis TNX Dan"thumbsup"
RC4WD Bully Comp axles with Dlux v2 knuckle weights and OFNA shafts TNX Eric
YTC CF wheels with Narrowed & Comp Cut by me Voodoos’ Gold’s, CI narrow double deuce soft front med rear Foams
3/16 Ti lower 4 links by me 4mm upper links thought the supplied 4mm lower link’’s are wee bit little light
Aluminum Front & Rear upper link mounts be me
4 ea. .7mm outboard Axial Icon shocks on the corners RCBro’s & MRC springs
The 2 inboard shocks are the same 1 with a RC4WD ABR super lift heavy internal spring for 90 mm shocks, the other with no spring & 120K diff oil and internally limited 3/16
Dravtech Servo & battery mount TNX Tobias
Electronics’
Holmes BR Mini ESC’s
CC BEC
Brood matched of pair 30 or 35t (if memory serves me ) Vapors
Proteck t170 Servo
Futaba FS614s TX

The white skins are temporary while Michelle @ KrawlerKonceptz finish the internal skin design TNX Michelle"thumbsup"

View attachment 341983

View attachment 341976

View attachment 341977

View attachment 341978

View attachment 341979

View attachment 341980

View attachment 341982

View attachment 341981

Last edited:
You've been busy, Tom. Top notch on the Riddler.
Is that the patented Tom G servo saver on the front? ;-)

341976d1462487335-img_0264.jpg

So after the initial test/tuning with initial set of rear weight holders made out of Delron on my SuDo Pro truck

IMG_0254.jpg

Decided I liked the way that truck handled with rear weights. So fired off the computer and wrote the G-Code and made a couple set's out of 7075. For my Truck and my Son's Hulksta Riddler "thumbsup"

Replaced the brass weights with some Pinewood Derby Tungsten weight's Settled on 1.9 oz per side for now
IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Last edited:
Well after an hour its assembled and ready to install in the truck as a retired CNC Shop owner/Machinist I always looking at Fit and Finish this was an A+++ RobBob for its intended use."thumbsup""thumbsup"

Gear mesh was spot on. The motor makes more noise then the gears.

The only fitment issues was a little more end-play on my Titanium long side axle shaft, the stock shaft fit just fine so I add a .010 shim between the bearing & shoulder an perfect O:)

Only other mod so far will be to bore about .034 so my rear axle weights will fit over the outer tube bearing retainer's

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Last edited:
If I recall correctly you had the axles and chassis up for sale, so I'm guessing that you decided to keep them when you saw the KR4 axle from Mr. Robbob?

I like your upper link mounts and rear weight holders."thumbsup"

If I recall correctly you had the axles and chassis up for sale, so I'm guessing that you decided to keep them when you saw the KR4 axle from Mr. Robbob?

I like your upper link mounts and rear weight holders."thumbsup"

Ur right it was up for Sale but didn't move out. I prefer my SuDu PRO Dluxed Berg Ultra lite truck . If nothing else I let it be a loaner for new drivers

The one thing I've noticed with a couple of Kit Cars coming out people look at there price and opt for a RTR that they'll then spend another 3 to $500.00 to make it truly competitive.

But that's good to get new drivers STARTED

Last edited:
Back