• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tire choices

I love Sand Paws because of the staggered paddle. The solid scoop paddles tend to fill and not throw the sand, almost like cavitation, under high wheel speed conditions.
Unfortunately they don't fit the 4x4 Slash unless you run mega offset wheels and then it looks wrong.
So I'm running the ProLine Sling Shots 2.2/3.0 on Split 6 beadlocks.
We'll see how they work out.

Everybody still liking the Panther tires on both ends of the rig?

About to drop the paypal hammer on a set of paddles and it looks like the Panthers are still the top choice.

Jeepindoug, how did those slingshots work out? I've got a pair, never used them yet, just curious if I should keep them or trade them off.

Jeepindoug, how did those slingshots work out? I've got a pair, never used them yet, just curious if I should keep them or trade them off.

I witnessed complete awesomeness in the form of his bug catching 3 feet off the lip of a hill climb and center punching a poor feller right in the chest. Not to mention he made the fast time for ascending the climb. So I'd say they worked pretty well. :ror:

Honestly though I'd have to say there will be a different "best" tire for different conditions as well as vehicle weight or setup. I'm planning on trying as many combinations as possible to find what works for me.

Lol, my 3 set ups for tires
Ridgelines all around for the dirt/rocks/clods (a lil modding)
Slingshots in the rear for course/pack sand
Sand paws in the rear for the light "fluffy" stuff

That's nice to hear though! I may have to pick up another pair of slingshots and a pair of paws

I witnessed complete awesomeness in the form of his bug catching 3 feet off the lip of a hill climb and center punching a poor feller right in the chest. Not to mention he made the fast time for ascending the climb. So I'd say they worked pretty well. :ror:

Honestly though I'd have to say there will be a different "best" tire for different conditions as well as vehicle weight or setup. I'm planning on trying as many combinations as possible to find what works for me.

Yea, Dwayne took one right in the bread basket at full speed and didn't even budge.
The sling-shots worked well but I still seen the Sand Paws out perform everything else.
All in all, Sling shots are great if your in soft sand with tons of wheel speed and are stuck with the 2.2/3.0 wheel.
Everyone who used them hooked up solid.
Bent70's rig, before the axle housing broke, performed the way I'd like to see mine work. A Summit trans and Sand Paws made his rig look like it was solidly planted. That thing shot sand hard. It drove like it was pulling itself into the sand for traction without trenching holes, hard to explain, but it was fast as well.
Chino's rig was exceptionally well planted too, except for the cliff that jumped in front of him.
Chino's rig was running straight at full speed with out drifting.
Most of these rigs will pull under hard acceleration.
Chino had the hoopty sway bars that worked!

I plan on modding some Sand Paws for my Slash wheels but I'm also working on fixing my Hyper10 w/Paws, and that thing is nuts compared to the Slash.

foff tires

I was thinking of maybe a twin brushless MOA 1.9 axle and beadlocks , Does anyone know of any 1.9 sand tires?

ran panthers all the way around, tried sand paws in front. liked panthers on all fours better. went back to panthers. they work the best for my setup

I have, they work well on more packed dirt/sand but for the really loose stuff I like the paddles better. :mrgreen:

Losi makes some paddles for the mini-t. What dia wheels are these paddles made for. I can't find the info any help would be great.

Evan

Currently I'm running slingshots on the front and trimmed Sand Paws in the rear with no foam. I'm redoing the truck but that combo hooks pretty decent in soupy mud, loose sand and oddly enough wet/damp dirt. I have a set of Sand Paws on order and I'll be getting some Panthers soon. My nearest beach is an hour and some change away, so testing is a little hard but I know they do not hook at all on packed wet sand.

Hi Guys..
I've bought some new
Axial AX10 2.2 Rockster rims with Beadlock rings
#AX8095
and then some
Proline #1052-01 Sand Paws Tires . .
to fit to my new rims... on my AX-10

But they don't fit :cry:, the lip on the tires is 4mm thick , the gap on the rims where the tire is ment to sit in is only 2mm wide..
there is no way I can squeeze 4mm into 2mm..

So how do you guys get them to fit....
Do you trim/cut off the outer lip on the rims and CA glue the tires on ?
or do I have to go and buy another set of rims ? :x

Sean.

Hi Guys..
I've bought some new
Axial AX10 2.2 Rockster rims with Beadlock rings
#AX8095
and then some
Proline #1052-01 Sand Paws Tires . .
to fit to my new rims... on my AX-10

But they don't fit :cry:, the lip on the tires is 4mm thick , the gap on the rims where the tire is ment to sit in is only 2mm wide..
there is no way I can squeeze 4mm into 2mm..

So how do you guys get them to fit....
Do you trim/cut off the outer lip on the rims and CA glue the tires on ?
or do I have to go and buy another set of rims ? :x

Sean.

I think you have a couple options, one would be to trim the bead of the tire down. Next would be to open up the face of the wheel a little. You could also as you said glue the tire in. Im not sure those wheels would hold a bead all that well with tons of speed and cut down. Don't go crazy with the glue and you should be ok to reuse the wheels.

I can't believe the bead doesn't fit though. I would keep trying to shove it in there before I went to far, maybe use a flat head screw driver to push the bead in before cutting them all up.

I think you have a couple options, one would be to trim the bead of the tire down. Next would be to open up the face of the wheel a little. You could also as you said glue the tire in. Im not sure those wheels would hold a bead all that well with tons of speed and cut down. Don't go crazy with the glue and you should be ok to reuse the wheels.

I can't believe the bead doesn't fit though. I would keep trying to shove it in there before I went to far, maybe use a flat head screw driver to push the bead in before cutting them all up.

Thank you for the reply.."thumbsup"
My Ax-10 is nowhere near as fast
as some of the FOFF on this thread..
I'm only running a brushed 21t motor with 54t Spur / 12t Pinion..

I'll see what I can do with the rims , the more I think about it the more it looks like I'll end up cutting the outer ring off the rims and CA glueing the tires on..

Sean

I'll see what I can do with the rims ,
the more I think about it the more it looks like I'll end up cutting the outer ring off the rims and CA glueing the tires on..

Sean

Done the above, was the only way I could get the Sand Paws to sit on the Rockster Rims..

Not happy :cry: having to cut up a brand new set of rims and CA glue new tires on..

Rims cost $47
Mailing cost $38

Tires cost $39
Mailing cost $18

Total cost $142

May be there should be a thread on what tires fit what rims "thumbsup"..

Last edited:
Back