• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TinkeringTolo Raw Kit Build

Some shots with the headlight and finders installed! Still need to do the wiring for the rock lights as well. Thinking of finalizing all that this coming weekend.
dlm4k9.jpg

33jin92.jpg

2it3ssk.jpg

Also installed the rear chase light!
2w370on.jpg

Close up of the fenders
11ce5x5.jpg

Awesome truck, my gramps had a real one when I was young. Any thoughts on the wheels? I always drool when I see them, it's hard to resist buying another set.

Awesome truck, my gramps had a real one when I was young. Any thoughts on the wheels? I always drool when I see them, it's hard to resist buying another set.

Thank you! That must have been awesome. Wish I could have one today haha!

These wheels are great for the price! I definitely would pick up another set if I ever needed it :mrgreen:

Thank you! That must have been awesome. Wish I could have one today haha!

These wheels are great for the price! I definitely would pick up another set if I ever needed it :mrgreen:

Thanks, I have a different set of the knockoffs, I just need more choices. Gramps got rid of the Dodge for a 1947 Willys CJ2A. I can't complain much since ended up getting it a few years ago. 8)

Also, whats a weekend without some crawling action! Crawling the Prickly Canyon and Alta Vincente Trails with some bud's :mrgreen:

x23tzd.jpg

inhour.jpg

2q8mys1.jpg

2cfbdps.jpg

359xxfc.jpg

Thanks, I have a different set of the knockoffs, I just need more choices. Gramps got rid of the Dodge for a 1947 Willys CJ2A. I can't complain much since ended up getting it a few years ago. 8)

Yeah, these are great but heard they don't fit a lot of wheel weights. Nice! Definitely can't complain there haha!"thumbsup"

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

We got out to Corona Del Mar for our first major crawler meet! All I got to say is wow! This was the Los Angeles Crawlers group and everyone was super friendly! The terrain was super fun. Soo many lines to pick an choose from. :mrgreen:

t8s1sh.jpg

6pt0gg.jpg

fctjwn.jpg

o5utmx.jpg

9fo9b7.jpg

Also finished added rock lights. These are the only picks of I have them right now but will get more soon. The rear are located right behind the cab. I will changing the resistor on them because 100ohm's seems a little too dim for my taste. The lights are controlled through the MyTrickRC Dragon controller and turn on as a set when scrolling through the options from my remote.

i4g7cp.jpg

Last edited:
I've also been working on 2 other projects. 2 custom Honchos. The story behind these 2 twins starts off from work. 2 weeks ago, I brought the D-Waggy into work (St. Patties Day festivities...its green, so it worked out) and people were digging it to a point where one of the executives I work with wanted to get some for his kids. He commissioned me to build 2 custom RTR versions. Helped him chose the color, and he wanted the same rims and tires as I have. Made it happen and I just finished this weekend as well.

Here they are being delivered this morning :lmao:

2j4vq6u.jpg

n37wqo.jpg

33f5h7k.jpg

25ktqao.jpg

faq6hg.jpg

Dude, that rig is dialed!

The only thing I would consider doing is masking the windows and hitting that green cab with: Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/86055flatclear/index.htm

All it does is get rid of that shiny plastic/lexan look...money$$

Thank you!!! Glad you dig it! :mrgreen:

Matting the body is definitely on the list! I still have plans to weather the body a bit but I got some tiny other details I need to add first. The overall look isn't finalized yet so there is more to come :ror:

Back