• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TinkeringTolo Raw Kit Build

I had an extra set of magnetic body post so I decided to mount them vertically in the back to hold the rear of the cab. I cut some extra body post from the kit, mounted them to the rock slider plates, trimmed, then bolted the magnetic body mounts to them. The cab is so secure that you can actually pick the whole rig up by holding the body alone. 8)

1z2nk0j.jpg

qy7ig9.jpg

Next, I got around to installing a Yeti fuel cell. I plan to use this extra cargo space for lighting equipment. Also added a filler tube haha :ror:

2la697o.jpg

2iatxxf.jpg

2n8x3d2.jpg

28taohc.jpg

5d32g3.jpg

Then I was able to hit the trails and get some crawling action in late Sunday afternoon. Great way to end a weekend! 8)

2rwxf92.jpg

1zdx6hz.jpg

5o9uu9.jpg

eb2z9v.jpg

34t1zle.jpg

Last edited:
Making it to the end of the trail!

14aegk6.jpg

Stay tuned! Next, I plan to work on the lighting and possibly more detail parts as well. Hope you enjoyed the build so far! Cheers :mrgreen:

Sweet build! Very simple and clean. Goes to show you don't have to add a lot of other do dads to make a rig look good. Great choice of color and that licence plate brings it all together. I wouldn't add or change a thing, just go out, use it and enjoy it!

Sweet build! Very simple and clean. Goes to show you don't have to add a lot of other do dads to make a rig look good. Great choice of color and that licence plate brings it all together. I wouldn't add or change a thing, just go out, use it and enjoy it!

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :mrgreen:

Trail runnin is where it's at! Great looking rig there bud.

If I may make a suggestion.

Lower the fuel cell 1/2"or so. It should give the truck a lower meaner look in my opinion.

Trail runnin is where it's at! Great looking rig there bud.

If I may make a suggestion.

Lower the fuel cell 1/2"or so. It should give the truck a lower meaner look in my opinion.

Thank you!

Yesss, trail running was awesome! Got a few compliments along the way from some hikers so that was cool haha!

I totalllly know what mean. That would look mean! As of right now, the rear crossmember is in the way. I had to shave it down a little bit in order to get it to sit level. I'd need to get some cross bars instead of the crossmember for the rear in order for it to work. Anything lower than the crossmember would make contact with rear links when the suspension is compressed so need to be careful there. I'll tinker with the idea and will post if I able to get it work. Great suggestion and I appreciate it! "thumbsup"

Loven the outcome of your truck tinkingertolo. Great powerwagon and color too. I'm so torn between a few bodies of my own to pick from for my scx10.2. But every time I see a great looking rig tips the scales a little more each time.

Loven the outcome of your truck tinkingertolo. Great powerwagon and color too. I'm so torn between a few bodies of my own to pick from for my scx10.2. But every time I see a great looking rig tips the scales a little more each time.

Thank you! Good luck with trying to find a body. Love the power wagon's for sure. Makes for a fun setup and highly recommend it! :mrgreen:

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Did a few updates to the D-Waggy! 8)

Got a little Warn winch
7169w9.jpg

Also modded the rear fuel cell to house a new MyTrickRC DG-1 Dragon controller and the voltage controller for a new Baja Designs Arc LED light bar. It required me to file down these little plastic slits within the fuel cell and also file down the edges of the Dragon control unit itself. :razz:
2rrrms5.jpg

ojnvad.jpg

2d29gsz.jpg

2ll2dc5.jpg

Everything sitting nice and low. The voltage regulator for the light bar sits under the Dragon controller. Cool thing to point is the Dragon controller wire coming out the fuel cell kinda looks like a fuel line! :lmao:
2uzozs5.jpg

b6eqo8.jpg

k561c5.jpg

All the wires are now in place. I have the option to run power directly off my 2s or 3s lipo balance cable to power the DG-1 Dragon controller (rather than running a separate battery). If you're wondering what the Dragon controller is, it allows me to flip the lights on/off, control specific sets of lights, has active reverse lights, active brake lights, and turn signal lights....all controlled through my remote. 8)
2a0dizb.jpg

Last edited:
Then we got out late Sunday afternoon and hit up the canyon! Good time to put the new lights to use!

2u95wno.jpg

bf0ryp.jpg

My buddy using his new winch to pull himself out a rut.
14vr21u.jpg

Lighting up the canyon, D Waggy leading the way! :mrgreen:
iqd73b.jpg

nzw5k.jpg

Finally at the top!
343lmig.jpg

That's it for now! Stay tuned for more updates to the D-Waggy. Hope you guys are enjoying it thus far :mrgreen:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here are some updates to the D-Waggy.

Some of the light pods came in. Still waiting on one more set to come in.
api9ut.jpg

Also, my buddy was able to edit some neat fenders off of Thingiverse.com. These were meant to fit a JK body but he remeasured a few things to make it fit the large wheelwell on the power wagon body.
28cm69x.jpg

Back