• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TinkeringTolo Raw Kit Build

TinkeringTolo

Hi everyone and welcome to my build!

This is my first ever crawler build. Just got it in the other week and spent all weekend building it up. I have lots to learn from here but this is what I am starting with! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Here are the spec's:

SCX10 II Raw Builders kit
Castle Creations Slate 2250kv Motor
Mamba X ESC
Team Associated DS1313 Digital Servo
-Servo Spcs:
Torque (Kg-cm/oz-in) @ 6V: 12.5 / 173.6
Transit Time (sec/60deg) @ 6V: 0.13
Airtronics 2.4GHz MT4 Remote
Airtronics RX-461 Telemetry 2.4GHz Surface Receiver
Lectron 5200mah 3s Lipo
INJORA Wheels 4 Piece Rims
-Wheel Specs:
Weight: 297g
Thickness: 26mm
Hex: 12mm
Proline 1.9 Hyrax Blue dot compound tires
Icon Aluminum Shock Bodies
Icon Aluminum Faux Reservoirs
Axial CNC 7mm Shock Pistons
RC18t Shock Bladders
Shock Caps Modded with breather hole
Proline Dodge Power Wagon
Tamiya Paint: Tamiya PS44 (Transparent Green). Backed it with Tamiya PS52 (Champagne Gold Anodized Aluminum), then finished it with standard Tamiya black.

Hope you guys like it!

289bpzk.jpg

bg4ppz.jpg

2hoxy7l.jpg

14y5qr.jpg

ogm4k4.jpg

Last edited:
This is as far as I got on the day 1. I couldn't add one of the rear links because the kit was short 2 set screws. Axial/Horizon Hobby were quick to ship me out a set at no cost so thank you sooo much for that! Received it 2 days later.

4u9hu0.jpg

35hqs7k.jpg

pcc3o.jpg

I picked up the same CC combo for my rbk as well, it's just about perfect [emoji108]

Sweet! Yes, such a great system. I was looking at the Hobbywing Axe system but the selling point for me with the CC combo is the aux control for the drag brake! Easy use with my MT4. Like pulling a parking brake when using the lever on my remote haha! So I have variable control for my drag brake while out on the trails. Plus, I've always been a fan of Castle systems :mrgreen:

Here's some updates from over the weekend. Installed new front bumper and new rock sliders! I had to trim the original receiver box because the KYK kit came with a super tiny one and didn't fit my receiver. I liked the original one though because it has a little kick up for protection in the front but its also waterproof. The rest was replaced with the upgraded kit so instead of plastic, its now metal.

o0ulo9.jpg

New Bumper
rhimnl.jpg

Also made a license plate to match the generation of body I am running. Original prototypical 1945 California license plate :mrgreen:

293yl3s.jpg

I also installed a pair of front magnetic body mounts. These things are solid! I had previously ordered some cheap ebay ones and the magnets were very weak but 2 were also cracked cause they were so thin! My local hobby shop had a few of these Yeah Racing mounts and I couldn't be happier! Highly recommend them

azbfvr.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday, I got around to picking up a new Vanquish 20mm servo horn. The plastic one that came with the kit easily stripped the day before :flipoff:

28pna8.jpg

Back