• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The reason I got back into trucks

NERodrigues

Rock Stacker
1976 Ford F100 Custom 300 CID Inline 6

xephula_36ba8df732cf940d25dda850c5149a31.jpg

xephula_868137f8dd302e2982d00d18edf67ca7.jpg

If I were looking for a truck and came across that one I would be all over it

Same here - I like that era Ford, up through '77. Not newer than that.

And I'm a pretty big fan of Chevys and GMCs up to about '79 - gotta be the old round headlight models.

Heck, even the '70s single round headlight Dodges are cool.

Best years for American trucks, most definitely.

Also, I would pay good money to have wing windows installed on my truck. Man those things are awesome!

i have my truck for 1 reason towing heavy stuff i built it to pull a 10k 5th wheel it only dose 65 max at redline but it will do that while pulling a house
i wouldent mind a older one but most likely wont be buying any more trucks besides the scout kinda doubles as a pick up if i put the half cab top on it lol so i guess i have 2 trucks or maybe 1.5 trucks
well i kinda made a truck so maybe one real truck one half truck and one car that loosely resebles a truck

Cool dentside for sure! Nothing wrong with a decent old truck it doesnt have to be anything fancy. If that thing was 4x4 and 4spd manual it would be a great all around work\daily truck. I'm a chevy guy but always liked the old ford bump and dentside's, growing up a buddy had a 77 and always thought it was a good looking truck. I'm with durok on the chevy's too 79 is my favorite as its the last of the round headlights and the grille surround is a bit different so its easy to pick out of a crowd.

No AC, No Moon Roof, Cost me 12000 right after the rebuild had been done. Insanely good shape for a California truck really. After I ended up in Montana I unceremoniously ripped out the smog system which was causing more problems that solutions. Smog systems are like that though.

Reason I bought this one was for the ease of repair and no electronics. I love being in something with some heft again. Thinking about adding an auxiliary battery (deep cycle) so I can use my tools from it.

BTW, thanks for the kind words.

Back