• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The beginers guide to the MRC.

Battery left plugged in

I was wondering if it's OK to leave the battery plugged while MRC is not being used since there is an "ON/OFF" switch? I just don't feel like taking the body off everytime...

Thanks.

I was wondering if it's OK to leave the battery plugged while MRC is not being used since there is an "ON/OFF" switch? I just don't feel like taking the body off everytime...

Thanks.

To be safe, I would unplug it.
In theory it should be ok left plugged in (assuming you are using the standard battery - not a LiPo).

(if using LiPo, store the LiPo seperate from car,and store in a suitable LiPo bag/tin etc.)

Gfresh,

Thank you very much for your reply. Meanwhile I got an answer from Horizon Hobbies. Very nice of them.
Thank you for your recent email. We would not recommend leaving the battery plugged into the ESC while not running the vehicle. Although the on/off switch is in the off position, there can still be a drain on the battery just by being connected.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again.

To be safe, I would unplug it.
In theory it should be ok left plugged in (assuming you are using the standard battery - not a LiPo).

(if using LiPo, store the LiPo seperate from car,and store in a suitable LiPo bag/tin etc.)

I've wanted an MRC for sometime now and I just ordered one today. Thanks soundcolor for all the info
+1, sorta. I haven't wanted an MRC for some time, but with the price drop @ RPP for the MRC Pro, it is a worthwhile deal & goes along with my 2.2 Bully. Mine arrives in a few days (dang 3 day weekend......:roll:).
My son also has an MRC, so I have "in-house" help.
Thanks for the info here, it is a decent job of getting someone started in this rig.
Thanks."thumbsup""thumbsup"

I've seen a bunch of pictures recently where guys are flipping their shocks upside down on the new pro roller. What's the purpose of this? Lower COG? I'm asking because I am setting up my new pro roller right now and wonder if I should do it. Didn't see this one in the FAQ list yet. Do you have to do anything special with the shocks if you flip them? Thanks.

I've seen a bunch of pictures recently where guys are flipping their shocks upside down on the new pro roller. What's the purpose of this? Lower COG? I'm asking because I am setting up my new pro roller right now and wonder if I should do it. Didn't see this one in the FAQ list yet. Do you have to do anything special with the shocks if you flip them? Thanks.

Does it not effect the dampening with oils and such?

I flipped mine, normally I run drop, but I can put back springs in 30 seconds.
With regular shocks, it requires a lot of bolt/unbolt.

hi i was reading the original post and read this:

Q. I was out driving my truck around the yard/rocks/ditch/laundry/over the kids, and now only the front/rear wheels turn, its like I dont have four wheel drive anymore/ or I only have 3 wheel drive now...
A. You have broken a locker. The axles on the MRC have little plastic lockers that mount inside of the ring gear housing, to much torque, and the metal axle shaft spins in the locker , instead of turning with the locker. You need to buy some metal lockers.
There isnt currently a how to thread on replacing them because it is very easy to do, refer to your owners manual for dissassembly and reassembly

i am having a similar issue and was wondering if replacing the centre diff will fix it or if there is anything else i might need to do.

i have not lost drive to my rear wheels but the drive has gone weak.! i still have 4 wheel drive but if i hold the rear wheel in my hand and twist quickly the drive shaft does slip in the centre diff whereas if i do the same with the front wheels the back turn and the motor turns.

does this make sense and can someone advise me whats wrong.
thanks in advance for any response

It sounds like all you need to do is change your center diff locker and you will be fine."thumbsup"

Hi

Super Noob question I have a MRC Pro could someone tell me the nut and hex sizes it uses?

I made a thread with these questions but I think they fit better here.

I am thinking of buying a MRCP from a local guy on CL for $150. It is brand new and hasnt been driven. He assembled it but has not put the electronics on it yet.

Here is what comes with it:

Servo - Losi MSX12 Digital

Battery - 7.4V 600mAh 252P Lipo

Motor - Novak 18.5T Brushless Kit with ESC

I am still new to this and I don't fully understand the electronics end of all of this. Will my receiver and radio work from my mini T? The seller says it will but I want to double check with you guys.
On the receiver it says, "Team Losi Sport 27mhz FM Synthesized Reciever"

If I could get the radio to work on it, I think it could be a good buy for the money. What do you guys think?

Thank you and thanks for this great thread!

Some good info in here. Now I shall waste the day away reading all the links I opened and spending what little money I have on new parts. My wife now hates you all LOL.

Some of those links need a serious update

Last edited:
I have never seen a more detailed information, Thanks for taking time for sharing this, it was excellent and very informative. Its really very useful of all of users. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article.

got a stupid newbie question to add to your list. "is there another choice in the same price range that can match it?" lookin to get my first crawler and the losi night crawler and mini crawler caught my eye. local shop only has the night crawler which I just can't convince myself to spend that much on a hobby I haven't tried yet.

Another one...
Q: i unplugged my servo & esc from the receiver, plugged them back in and now nothing works?
A: make sure the esc & servo plugs are in the right way.

Dont ask me how i thought of that...

Can I use a LiPO on the stock electronic set up? if so...where can i get one that will it(battery size and plug style)?

Back