• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Szczerba’s 2019 Comp Sportsman “Enigma” Build

Szczerba

I wanna be Dave
Parts from a friend or two
8eabefc0960f60dedbe2c1ec23aedaa9.jpg

05eca437ab44244103b238b94dead69d.jpg

d55911a193492db32bbc93a69fe31a33.jpg

668f317951be30a9668ddc8f0deee396.jpg

16da3d889fb85a38f6870907f29057bd.jpg

Rear axle mock up before teardown and final assembly. Cut and narrowed gold Ottsix Voodoo pin tires and Crawler Innovations foams
90a071610ea3958315df96c65e81b5b7.jpg

These front portal covers/weights/weight holders are very nice.
1988adb9b36c9633cd19b34ff560b5be.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see you sharing this build on rcc.
Do you have more information about transmission?
Reminds me of my scx10 ii Cherokee transmission.

Some fun looking parts for this one, i'm curious about what the ratio is on that transmission.

Glad to see you sharing this build on rcc.
Do you have more information about transmission?
Reminds me of my scx10 ii Cherokee transmission.

I am in the process of cutting axle shafts and doing mock up installs. I will tear down and take pictures during final assembly.

Pretty snazzy! List what parts they are!

Will do

Yo, when are you going to buy a vendor star and pimp all these cool products you are making?

:ror:

I'm not into comp crawlers, but this thing just looks sick already!

It is some pretty cool progression for a comp rig. I can't wait to get it finished. Should be able to knock alot out this weekend.

Some fun looking parts for this one, i'm curious about what the ratio is on that transmission.

I'll have to check on all the ratios, actually.

"thumbsup"

"thumbsup""thumbsup"

ive seen the prototype rig run a line on FB. nice color choice you got there Shane. the axles are giving me ideas for my sporty losi build.. I have to finish my super first though.

Looks sexy on there! I’ll send another color if you don’t like the red motor hoods contrasting the red tranny. Matching reds can be tough

Looks sexy on there! I’ll send another color if you don’t like the red motor hoods contrasting the red tranny. Matching reds can be tough

No biggie on the colors. Close enough for me, as the shapeways red varied from the color sample on the website to begin with. I grabbed this 16x 500 for intial testing on 4s for this build. I think my last shafty comp motor was a spicy 400. :mrgreen:

I wonder what the final gear reduction is from the pinion say a 18t to the final portal gear is on these rigs..

I am willing to bet a reversed gear portal losi axle setup would work really well with his trans setup.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I wonder what the final gear reduction is from the pinion say a 18t to the final portal gear is on these rigs..

I am willing to bet a reversed gear portal losi axle setup would work really well with his trans setup.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

With a 12t pinion on the motor, the transmission is 7.25:1.

With current portal gears.
Front axle is 7.72:1
Rear axle is 6.51:1

Back