• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Swezy's Scale Shop

swezy207

Quarry Creeper
I started building a scale garage last week and realized how much fun I was having and how much bigger it needed to be, I also thought I'd go ahead and share my progress with you guys this time. My garage at the moment is 38" wide, 18" deep and 18" tall. I'm rebuilding it to the following dimensions... 48" wide, 30" deep and 24" tall.

I have to wait till this weekend so I can get some propane for the heater in my real garage, and get some more lumber. In the meantime, I will be building scale accessories for the shop! I've been wanting to do this for quite a while and I finally have the room to do so!

Here's a few of the items I have built so far...

Nice! looking to make one modeling my dad's 40x60 workshop (more tidy, though) once i get the supplies, but then again i also have to juggle school and a NASA competition, so idk how long it'll take. do you mind if I borrow some of your ideas? just as far as what kind of bits and baubles i'll need?

Nice! looking to make one modeling my dad's 40x60 workshop (more tidy, though) once i get the supplies, but then again i also have to juggle school and a NASA competition, so idk how long it'll take. do you mind if I borrow some of your ideas? just as far as what kind of bits and baubles i'll need?

Thanks, anything I do in here is open for people to use for ideas and inspiration. Feel free to use whatever you see. Heck, some of the stuff I'm using I have seen in other peoples threads, like the battery plate creeper.

Great thanks mate, i just didnt want to have anyone jump my s**t for using their work. Again, it looks great, look forward to seeing any new installments!

I started on the rebuild today. The new dimensions are 49" x 30" x 30". This thing is rather large, I hope I can find a place to put it! All the pieces are cut and the floor and one wall has paint on it.

I think I'm gonna have to bring the pieces into my hobby room, then assemble it inside. I will not be able to open one side of the closet with the garage in there but that's the price for having a scale garage! Lol

I'm gonna paint about 4 inches of the walls a blue color I think, so it doesn't look so plain in there. Also I need to figure out how to make a faux roll up door.

I'm gonna remake my workbench and shelving today. I scaled them and there a bit small, guess I should have measured first!

Back