• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sumo crawler power upgrades?

boy&hisdogs

I recently acquired a Redcat Sumo Crawler, which is a pretty great little rig, but it's lacking power. Anyone have suggestions to improve torque or overall power? I would like to reduce the axle gear ratios because i have heard/noticed that they are relatively high, but i haven't seen any drop in gears for it. I want more torque but would like to keep this as simple as possible and retain the AAA batteries as i plan to take this little crawler places where there is no electricity to charge lipo batteries. Thanks for the help guys."thumbsup"

in the controller settings you can adjust the throttle strength and top speed also adding some magnets from an old motor will give a lil more power

A longer can motor can be found on ebay if you search for gearbox motor and look around, but the best results can be had with a standard size servo motor, I personally have tried the tower pro mg946r servo motor with great results, although im sure a higher grade servo will offer a better motor as well so it wont hurt to try I guess :)

Back