• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Suggestions for 6x6 straight axle metal chassis

air8

Pebble Pounder
Hello everyone,

First time for me to be interested in a 6x6 build. I found a full size vehicle for inspiration and upon searching for parts to start with I ran into a dead end finding a chassis.

However, measuring my Traxxas TRX-4 chassis, it looks like it is a little beefier than my Trail King and SCX10.2 chassis'. So I thought the 6x6 TRX-6 chassis would be a good place to start.

Which leads me to the hunt for a straight axle conversion for the Traxxas crawlers. Or a different chassis that is meant for straight axles.

Any suggestions to help me start at build?

Thanx

I believe ssd makes a portal delete kit for the trx axles. Otherwise you could probably make about any set of straight axles work under the trx6 chassis. Good luck with your endeavors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe ssd makes a portal delete kit for the trx axles. Otherwise you could probably make about any set of straight axles work under the trx6 chassis. Good luck with your endeavors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx for the tips. That might be what I'm trying to think of when I mentioned straight axles for the TRX4. I'll go check it out.

Your saying to fab up the extensions to a Gen 8 chassis?
Yep ... Gen8's frame rails makes all others look anorexic ...

f902ade4bed21315437119d19b77044b.jpg

Envoyé de mon CPH2211 en utilisant Tapatalk

Dred, what's the brand of the chassis pictured KOI Works? Do you have a website for them, I Googled and got nothing excerpt indirect references.

Yeah, the only way I could get a hold of them was through Facebook. They're out of Melbourne, Australia. They said they'd ship anywhere. I'm not ready to start a 6x6 yet, so I didn't ask about pricing/shipping costs. I'll be ordering one eventually.

I wouldn’t rule out the TRX6 chassis. You can put straight axles under it no problem. I recommend it. Big beefy chassis and with TRX6 braces it practically won’t flex.

I also wouldn’t stick to just TRX axles either. Yes, they are great axles, but IMO the pumpkin/axle design is too big to be a straight axle. Looks goofy to me. I’d use SSD Pro44s or AR44s & the pass-through diff cover.

Just my thoughts

Yeah, the only way I could get a hold of them was through Facebook. They're out of Melbourne, Australia. They said they'd ship anywhere. I'm not ready to start a 6x6 yet, so I didn't ask about pricing/shipping costs. I'll be ordering one eventually.

Thanks brother, I’ll check ‘‘em out on FB

Back