• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Stoopid Me Can't Decide on a Radio System

I don't know what I'd choose these days, but it would NOT be RadioLink. They are still using a fragile, external antenna. That's laughable and should not be something on a modern radio.

My current most used Radio is a FlySky GT5. It's not bad and receivers are cheap.

Ok, now it makes sense why you hate Redcat:), you want everything to take an absolute beating like you're a hormone enraged teenager who just throws radios around and smashes their truck full speed into piles of rocks!! haha

The radiolink is just fine for the average person...better than anything else for the price currently. I bet if the antenna snapped in half i'd still work just fine for a crawler! I keep the antenna down and works good....if you must the RC8 doesnt have one;)

GT5 is ok, just not as nice to use and as comfortable as the radiolink

Ok, now it makes sense why you hate Redcat:), you want everything to take an absolute beating like you're a hormone enraged teenager who just throws radios around and smashes their truck full speed into piles of rocks!! haha

The radiolink is just fine for the average person...better than anything else for the price currently. I bet if the antenna snapped in half i'd still work just fine for a crawler! I keep the antenna down and works good....if you must the RC8 doesnt have one;)

GT5 is ok, just not as nice to use and as comfortable as the radiolink
No, I just hate junk! :ROFLMAO:

I have a Radiolink RC4 and the antenna broke after one slip on a rock out on the trails. I didn't know slipping and catching yourself was something only hormone enraged teenagers experience.

RC6 2 pk of rx's are $33 on Damazon. Only 1 rx has ever gone bad. They have seen mud, water, sand and etc. Fully exposed only coated in Corrosion X.
Hitec Lynx 4s is a good radio but their $40 rx you cannot find anymore. I have 2 radios and about 25 rx's. I may sell those 2.

RC6 2 pk of rx's are $33 on Damazon. Only 1 rx has ever gone bad. They have seen mud, water, sand and etc. Fully exposed only coated in Corrosion X.
Hitec Lynx 4s is a good radio but their $40 rx you cannot find anymore. I have 2 radios and about 25 rx's. I may sell those 2.
If you ever find a replacement antenna for the Radiolink transmitters, please let me know.

Back