• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Stock Tire/Aftermarket Steel Rim Issue

cubalz

This past weekend I went to my local hobby shop and purchased a set of 1.9 black steel wagon wheels from RC4WD. So when I went to mount the stock tires that came on the 10.3 did I notice that the lip "bead" on the tire is super thin and I had a heck of a time getting them mounted without the bead pulling through when pushing the center in to tighten the lug nuts. I ended up having to trim a HUGE bevel in the center of my stock foams. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? It took hours to get them mounted and now I am worried that they will not stay mounted when I am out on the rocks. Is this a case of the stock tires really made to work with the stock rims that have a huge lip to hold the bead or should I have just bought different foams? Id this is the case, can anyone recommend what to buy?

Thanks!
John

I tried every method I could think of to mount my Proline Boggers onto my Rc4wd deep dish rims and had no success. I could not get the bead to stay put no matter what I did. Finally I gae up and ordered Locked Up Rc wheels and wideners...Couldn't be happier!

rnRtvwvh.jpg

lonleycreeper: I just went on Locked Up RC and I can tell right away that I am going to be poor after my first order. Their stuff is amazing. I think I am going to get a set of their wheels and wideners. Thanks for the advice!

Back