• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Still Making Progress

Slow Mo

Rock Stacker
Ive been running my black original progress for a while now. It has more podiums than i can count on one hand, and thats pretty good considering the skill of some guys here in SoCal. A few comps back Dave (Rcp Crawlers) took a look at my car and wrote down my link and shock positions. I didn't hear nothing about again till the other day at our SoCalRcRc comp he brought Christmas early. Huge Thanks again Dave.

For any one looking for a new chassis to start the year, check out the entire line up of progress chassis. Not one, not two, but six different carbon chassis to chose from. Here is the link:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/416173-carbon-fiber-progress.html

The SlowMo edition 2013 Carbon Progress.
DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

And a set of tires I was in huge need of.
DSC_0014.jpg

My first ever build thread so bear with me.....

Yup, that pic is of a new tire. Wore down right were i like um.

Im gona try to let the pics do most the talking but if you have any questions or suggestions feel free post up.

Here is a pic of the old chassis... One front shock started puking oil out last comp. It weighs in at 3.4oz with all hardware. The new carbon one weighs in at 2.0oz with all hardware ready to go.
DSC_0012.jpg

Here are the axles that will be reused for the new chassis.
Specs:
Vp motor plates
Traxxas bushings
Vp knuckles
All thread tie rod (Im cheap and it works sweet so...)
Rowdy battery mount
Stock gears
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Electronics: Novak M2 Dig with Dx3c
DSC_0019.jpg

Ive never used the proportional on it but it does exactly what i ask of it. Eventually ill run dual sidewinder micros but it will be many many moons before that happens.

And since every one likes pics here are a few random ones of my work area and the old dog.(yes this is my bed room, I still live at home. Im 20 and currently attending collage to be an RN.)
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025copy.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

and currently attending collage to be an RN.

just wanted to pop in to say if you need any help, let me know. you're more than welcome to come peruse my nursing book library (seriously, I bought about 10 extra books on various subjects each quarter-- I have a ridiculous amount of nursing books). also, I have a few pocket-sized flip books with quick info that you can have, as well as med cards and some other stuff. if you want it, you're more than welcome. I'm pretty sure you guys live right down the street from us, so you can stop by anytime to look through them. I also have all of my reports, papers, and notes saved that i can put on a disk or flash drive for you to read through.

seriously, I love helping people get into nursing, so whatever you need, I'd love to help.

/hijack.

just wanted to pop in to say if you need any help, let me know. you're more than welcome to come peruse my nursing book library (seriously, I bought about 10 extra books on various subjects each quarter-- I have a ridiculous amount of nursing books). also, I have a few pocket-sized flip books with quick info that you can have, as well as med cards and some other stuff. if you want it, you're more than welcome. I'm pretty sure you guys live right down the street from us, so you can stop by anytime to look through them. I also have all of my reports, papers, and notes saved that i can put on a disk or flash drive for you to read through.

seriously, I love helping people get into nursing, so whatever you need, I'd love to help.

/hijack.

Thanks Jess, Ill keep you in mind when i get there.

/hijack.

Hey Jess...you and Jake are soooo helpful....with everything
I just wanna say thanks, you guys are great."thumbsup"

Nice build thread Chad
can't wait to see her on the rocks!

Okay, more progress on my progress. (hehe)

For my body mount I drilled a 1/8 hole dead center of the chassis brace and put a ax10 body post on it.
DSC_0015.jpg

My cap modded 3.5" big bore for the rear. Ill use the stock xr10 4" shocks up front.
DSC_0020.jpg

and these pics will bring us up to date.
DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

It took a little creative bending to get standard 30 degree links to work for my uppers. but im very happy with how it cycles. My only complaint on the old chassis was there was no room for rear upper links. The new chassis gives much more room for upper link placement, and is 1.4oz lighter.:twisted:

Update...

The car is a complete roller. Just bench crawling it im very happy already. I cant wait to get it on the rocks and see what it can really do...

Of course more pics, excuse my dirty shock. That will be fixed....
DSC_0010_zpse5b1ffb7.jpg

DSC_0009-1_zps17644bfb.jpg

DSC_0008-1_zps1554be71.jpg

DSC_0007_zps578e34b7.jpg

DSC_0006-1_zpsc7888e87.jpg

DSC_0005_zps82b68be8.jpg

DSC_0004_zps1f73c23e.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsa7b9d86e.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsbde3f0ec.jpg

Still need to do:
Fix shocks
Glue tires on Wheels
Get it dirty(after more pics)

This is a neat looking design. How well does it work with the curved skid plate.

Wes
Thanks, The curved skid added a good amount of clearance right where you need it for break overs.

I really like that chassis."thumbsup"

looking nice

I need to try this set-up
very nice!

Huge thanks for the props guys.

Im gona try to get out to horseman's park tomorrow and put a few packs through it. Ill take some more pics to.

Well, I went and put several packs through the car and all i could say the whole time is wow. It did several lines that my car wouldnt do on the old chassis. It still needs a little tuning. It likes to unload when you put it in an awkward position.

More pics for those who dont like to read...
DSC_0001_zps6a1dd665.jpg

DSC_0004_zps3be8b4cc.jpg

DSC_0030_zps7d687bad.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsafe08560.jpg

DSC_0032_zps5ffb8013.jpg

DSC_0092_zpsc23fb66d.jpg

A local guy showed up to do some crawling with us and hooked me up with a set of Chaotic links. Thanks Mord.
sx_zps4e52330d.jpg

Wow... That is a nice size rip in your tire..:shock:

Looks really good on the rocks thou"thumbsup"

nice score on the links
do they move the chassis forward or backward?
....from your original set up

nice score on the links
do they move the chassis forward or backward?
....from your original set up

They put the chassis in the same spot I ran my original progress at which is exactly 50/50.

I went and played golf today so I didnt have time to take pics but i did get the links on the car yesterday. It cycles very nice. 8)

The upper links are a bit to long for my taste, I like the motors in the dirt, so i had to add some bend to try to shorten them a little.

Back