• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Steering servo upgrade

Going off of the rated specs, that Savox 1210sg has a stall current of 6 amps, the WP1080's BEC is 3 amps, so ideally, yes you'd still want to run an external BEC....

...but in actuality, I've never experienced a brown out from the 1080, even running a much more demanding servo (2290) so I'd personally take that risk.

Thanks for the Info. The xl5 died along with the steering servo but I didn’t realize until I installed the 1080 and didn’t have steering. So now I have to wait another day until I can get it running. Hopefully my other servos, the motor or the receiver don’t go when I take it out ahaha or else I’d probably have to set it on fire:x

I'm building my trx right now, and I have a 1080 to put in it. Will the extra couple amps from the 1080 wake up the stock steering servo?
I assume turning up the BEC on the 1080 from 6v to 7.4v will ruin all the stock servos?

I'm building my trx right now, and I have a 1080 to put in it. Will the extra couple amps from the 1080 wake up the stock steering servo?
I assume turning up the BEC on the 1080 from 6v to 7.4v will ruin all the stock servos?

Stock servo is only rated to 6v. It might not burn up immediately but it's not gonna last long

Back