• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Starting my Super Build

jonaktins

Ive finally got in touch with the right people and have started getting parts ready for my Super build.

I would love to get some advice from you guys on my parts selection.

Ive already ordered the Villain Chassis from Ytown and shocks from Dlux. About ready to get the axles from Dlux also. Thoughts on other things?

Chassis - Super Villain
Links - Y-Town Ti
Axles - D-Lux Fab
Servos - HS-7980TH (Front) & HS-7950TH (Rear)
Motors - Team Brood Apocalypse
ESC - HOLMES BR MINI Dual
BEC -2 X Castle 10A Bec
Shocks - Dravtech shocks
Wheels - D-Lux Fab 6"
Tires - Custom RUPTURES - 1.9”

I will add pics and update when i get parts in!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Good start probably the only questionable item is the motors not knowing Ur budget I'd look at a matched pair of Brood Conflux's if that's to much $ look at Holmes Puller 500 flow 30 /35 Turns "thumbsup

my Brood Conflux's are the best Super motors I've ever run ton's of Torque and butter smooth throttle response

Last edited:
Good start probably the only questionable item is the motors not knowing Ur budget I'd look at a matched pair of Brood Conflux's if that's to much $ look at Holmes Puller 500 flow 30 /35 Turns "thumbsup

my Brood Conflux's are the best Super motors I've ever run ton's of Torque and butter smooth throttle response

I looked at Brood motors but was a little confused by so man configurable parts!

How does this look?

Conflux

Last edited:
Let EddieO know what you want the motor to do and he will build it to do it!

Making any progress ?????????

Time to post UP"thumbsup"

As a matter of fact, i just got my Chassis and axles and wheels today!

Y-Town Super Villain
sVuTSfJ.jpg

Dlux Super Axles
FaJPaLD.jpg

Dlux Super Wheels 6"
TJL5sMY.jpg

"thumbsup"

Let the fun begin

When U get ready to buy the Electronics let me know I have a wireing diagram I can e-mail Ya "thumbsup"

Thanks buddy!

I will have electronics in by the 22nd so ill be letting you know soon!

:mrgreen:

Dlux Axles completed!

UrRslPD.jpg

We have tires!

lnJynDE.jpg

Here she is! This is still a mock up since i need to do minor tweaks but she is looking good!

81YBasz.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have the part number for those tires?

I just got some 6" wheels but I haven't figures out how to mount the tires. I know there is a lot of cutting on the tires. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Thanks

After I stop drooling on my keyboard and congratulate you on your build, may I ask a rather silly/strange/newbbie/etc question?? What kind of screws are you using, cause I have noticed there are serrations on them so what are they?

PS If you give me heat :oops:, after watching all this wonder-parts, for what I am paying attention to or even accuse me for having some sort of mental disorder:twisted:.... you are most welcome and fully justified!!!"thumbsup"

Do you have the part number for those tires?

I just got some 6" wheels but I haven't figures out how to mount the tires. I know there is a lot of cutting on the tires. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Thanks

I dont think there is a part number. I got them from Dlux Fab.

As for cutting them, its alot easier than you might think. Take your time and go slow. I used 1.75 tires to make one tire. if you mess up, you can cut it again and glue it back together. It wont be perfect since your not a pro at it, but as long as it looks good there is no problem! I messed up on my first tire and was able to fix it.

Practice makes perfect (more like looks pretty close to good lol)
s7Q82fo.jpg

After I stop drooling on my keyboard and congratulate you on your build, may I ask a rather silly/strange/newbbie/etc question?? What kind of screws are you using, cause I have noticed there are serrations on them so what are they?

PS If you give me heat :oops:, after watching all this wonder-parts, for what I am paying attention to or even accuse me for having some sort of mental disorder:twisted:.... you are most welcome and fully justified!!!"thumbsup"

Which screws do you mean? Im using M3 screws on everything but some have different head types. Button, Countersunk and Cap screws. They are all Hexagon. Caps are 2.5mm hex. Button and Countersunk are 2mm hex.

Back