• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SSD Overdrive Gears

In theory, the ring and pinion over drive gears work in the scx10.3. However some people have experienced challenges getting good mesh out of the ssd overdrive ring and pinion in the Capra axles and other non-ssd axle housings. May be a differences in tolerances or something similar. Some of us have gotten a better mesh using the ssd overdrive ring gear and the stock pinion gear.

I’d say give it a shot and if you can’t shim it to a good mesh then swap them back.

Great, i've stalled 2 ssd overdrives so far and have gotten lucky enough to shim them for good fitment (both in stock and ssd axle housings).

Okay, i might try them. I just wasn't sure if swapping the portal gears as well...

Back