• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SSD free spool Ox Power Winch!

rc4wd posted a photo of their Warn 8274 on their Instagram, they didn't say when it will be available but they said its coming.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Similar. Looks slightly smaller in this pic.

oxwinch_zpsoah0nxko.jpg

We haven't tested with 4S and don't see the need to. 3S 11.1V gives more than enough of pulling power.

just finished installing the Ox into my bomber, need to adjust the hood slightly but otherwise all good, impressed with the speed it winds in it,

need to figure a way of fitting a 2nd motor just like a gigglepin

anyone mounted one on TF2 yet? I'd like to see how it looks on one. probably will buy one either way but I'm curious.

Anyone have any issues with the spacing of the counter sunk holes on the mounting plate? Mine was about 0.2mm too narrow and made the spool bind up when tightened down. Slightly squeezed the two sides against the spool.
SSD was awesome and quickly air-mailed a replacement spool from the UK thinking the spool was just too wide. The replacement got here today and is better but still not a perfect fit.
Just wondering if anyone else had an issue.

Anyone have any issues with the spacing of the counter sunk holes on the mounting plate? Mine was about 0.2mm too narrow and made the spool bind up when tightened down. Slightly squeezed the two sides against the spool.
SSD was awesome and quickly air-mailed a replacement spool from the UK thinking the spool was just too wide. The replacement got here today and is better but still not a perfect fit.
Just wondering if anyone else had an issue.

I was wondering what the heck was wrong with mine, as it is brand new, when I finally found this thread.

When I unscrew it from it's mounting plate it works great, but it's so tightly bound once you mount it into the plate that it struggles to move itself around without even trying to winch.

I was wondering what the heck was wrong with mine, as it is brand new, when I finally found this thread.

When I unscrew it from it's mounting plate it works great, but it's so tightly bound once you mount it into the plate that it struggles to move itself around without even trying to winch.
Make sure your fairlead screws aren't hitting the spool ends.
Also take a hobby knife and remove any metal burrs from inside the side mounts where the spool sits.

I should add that redrilling the mounting plate doesn't really work as the fairlead pulls it back tight when you mount it to the front of it as well.

Id rather not have to shave down the spooler to correct their manufacturing issues.

I should add that redrilling the mounting plate doesn't really work as the fairlead pulls it back tight when you mount it to the front of it as well.

Id rather not have to shave down the spooler to correct their manufacturing issues.
Don't modify the spool... Clear any imperfections in the side mounts.

SSD sent me a new spool, wasn't the problem.
Then they said "because you didn't troubleshoot it correctly" it had to be shipped back... To the UK... At my expense... So I fixed it myself.

gbean: We did also tell you how to fix it.

eucasafari: Please dont modify anything. We have replied to your email.

gbean: We did also tell you how to fix it.

eucasafari: Please dont modify anything. We have replied to your email.
I had taken care of it considerably before any ssd input was offered beyond mailing it back. Still not perfect.
Thanks though

No issues with mine.

Here is my not completed install on my CJ-7:

FB_IMG_1461535876864.jpg

Then i added about 30 feet of winch line on that thing, clamped it on my workbench and dragged my daughter's 9 pounds truck on the garage floor and on carpet. Driven on 3s with an FXr inside my truggy. ( sorry for the french language! )

Winch testing on 3s

This thing is insanely awesome, the gear that spins on the side and the free spool is a very nice bonus on that work of art!

Now if i could only make a little widget to have that 1:1 clicking sound when it winches!!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back