• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

spur pinion combo

dirtslow

Rock Stacker
I tried to search but the server kept timing out.

What is the largest spur smallest pinion combo that will still fit with the dust cover on? I have a heat problem i am trying to solve. I am running stock right now. I replaced the stock brushed with rhinorc am32 and a 2250 outrunner. on 3S after 10 min or so of 70% throttle(I took it on a neighborhood walk with me), motor is burning hot…. I am trying to see if i can help with gearing but I would like dust cover to stay on.

thanks

According to the manual, 17/87 is the lowest you can go. Might be able to get a smaller pinion in there with a little more work.

10 minutes at 75% throttle is going to generate some heat. Going lower on the gearing is going to make you run at 85-90% to go the same speed - it might generate more heat.

I tried replying earlier but kept writing out before the update. You have some binding somewhere, the pinion/spur mesh is too tight, or the wheel nuts, etc. take the driveshafts off and spin everything it should have very little resistance.

Back