• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

sportsman twin force

joeyf

RCC Addict
well i am kind of getting burnt out on building scalers. so a sportsman is whats on the drawing board this time. i dont have the chassis yet but here is where i am with this.

big box of Kyosho/Super Shafty parts.

had these spools sitting in the drawer for quite some time. so its time to use them.

dont know if anyone has had this problem but i cant get full tooth contact with a 10t pinion. the bearing bottoms out first.

found some thinner ones at the LHS. i dont feel any back lash any more so hopefully it works.

will be running straight uppers in the rear. once i get the chassis i will figure out if i need to run the spacers or not.

That's awesome

I was just talking about a Sportsman class with some
Michigan Friends

I was telling them about the TF axles making a great "BOMB" PROOF
axle for a Sporty

Cant wait to see what you do

Regards, Rick

After all these years, it is great seeing all these new builds. Eagerly waiting :wink:

That's awesome

I was just talking about a Sportsman class with some
Michigan Friends

I was telling them about the TF axles making a great "BOMB" PROOF
axle for a Sporty

Cant wait to see what you do

Regards, Rick

thanks guys, but unfortunatety this is on the back burner until the chassis shows up. i ordered it last week but no word on if it has shipped yet.

a little update on this thing. was greated with my NCD chassis in the mail box when i get home from work today.

still can really start on it yet thought. waiting on the aluminum hardware and alum cross braces. The axles RTR are pigs, so my plan is to build everything around them as lite as i can.

Last edited:
got all the parts to put the trans together.

used the stock spur mount and drilled out for brass inserts for the motor mount.

So lets see...........

Carbon Fiber, Plastic & some aluminum.........
This thing is going to be the lightest 'TF Sportsman ever made :shock:

Very Cool for sure

But then again "Joeyf'
"EVERYTHING" you make is cool ;-)

Watching with anticipation

Regards Rick

This is gonna be awesome. Like I said before. You could probably go every other hole on the pumpkin bolts and save some weight there too

This is gonna be awesome. Like I said before. You could probably go every other hole on the pumpkin bolts and save some weight there too

thanks bud, thats a good one will have to do that.

a little local news, a section of the I-5 bridge here in town fell.

I-5-Bridge3.jpg

got the traxxas aluminum balls. so i changed them out on the links and shocks. the kyosho shocks are a step back in the weight saving but they dont leak and cycle smooth. its hard not to use them.

Last edited:
got me some wheels and tires for super cheap. i started with the tires and shaved some tread off the sidewalls. rears in the first pic, fronts in the second.

next i took the XR10 wheels and narrowed them down to 7/8''.

not much for backspacing after narrowing them.

Back